Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
05-11-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
(05-11-2017 09:45 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  So last night I was watching the fight game on HBO...and Max Kellerman was jizzing about the greatness of the Klit/Joshua fight. Now I don't have a problem with his Love of the bout....but...as he was talking about what it means for boxing and for the division.....he just tossed out that Fury being the lineal champion was nothing of major importance. I totally disagree with this.....the fact of the matter is that Fury took the championship from Wlad....and its not like it was controversial....we all agree he won the bout....so I'm not so sure one should just toss out the idea of him being lineal champion as an afterthought. At some point I want to see either Joshua or Wilder or Wlad beat Fury then fight one another to restore it.

I know it's a symbolic title....but in a way it is important to me as a fan. I disagree with Max just acting like it holds no merit.

Max is a cunt and always has been.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Took a bunch of Europeans and non-Americans to make the heavyweights worthwhile again.
05-12-2017, 05:23 PM
If Fury was American the hw division would be getting skull fucked with a star spangled dick
05-12-2017, 06:11 PM
LET'S GO CHAMP!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFeYG0-8w4

Got to say Shannon looks GREAT next to poor Bowe...lol

And Fres sounded punch drunk as all hell....and he looks like he already lost....
05-13-2017, 04:02 AM
Who was it on FightHype (maybe here too) was friendly with Oquendo? Or trained with him at least?
05-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Briggs - Oquendo has a Clockwork Orange therapy feel to it.
05-13-2017, 10:26 AM
(05-12-2017 06:11 PM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  LET'S GO CHAMP!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFeYG0-8w4

Got to say Shannon looks GREAT next to poor Bowe...lol

And Fres sounded punch drunk as all hell....and he looks like he already lost....

BG has always been rock solid with his support of Shannon Briggs. It's really impressive. I doubt even Briggs's kids could get as excited for his fights as BG. lol

I don't know if he's on par with Byrdman's love for Chris Byrd, but it still deserves mention.
05-16-2017, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 02:45 PM by BGv4.0.)
I just like what he represents...I'm realistic to the fact of how limited he is due to age.

BUT...the HW division of the last decade has been void of all the things that made the 90's HW era cool. Heavy Hitters, personality, named professionals that casual fans have knowledge of.....Briggs is the last bastion of all of that.

I still say he is dangerous as hell to ANY fighter for the first 3 rounds....and can get the job done with a single punch....BUT...I know he is slow, does not have the reflexes, takes too many shots.....but he has a chin, heart and is a dangerous guy early on....that's enough to keep me interested in what he brings to the division at this time.

This is a bit off topic....but it's heavy shit and worth being in a HW thread....

Take a look at this Ann Wolfe KO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3jCx4LP3I
05-16-2017, 07:15 PM
(05-16-2017 02:26 PM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  I just like what he represents...I'm realistic to the fact of how limited he is due to age.

BUT...the HW division of the last decade has been void of all the things that made the 90's HW era cool. Heavy Hitters, personality, named professionals that casual fans have knowledge of.....Briggs is the last bastion of all of that.

I still say he is dangerous as hell to ANY fighter for the first 3 rounds....and can get the job done with a single punch....BUT...I know he is slow, does not have the reflexes, takes too many shots.....but he has a chin, heart and is a dangerous guy early on....that's enough to keep me interested in what he brings to the division at this time.

This is a bit off topic....but it's heavy shit and worth being in a HW thread....

Take a look at this Ann Wolfe KO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3jCx4LP3I

There is a reason Laila Ali wanted nothing to do with Ann Wolfe.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-16-2017, 09:35 PM
(05-16-2017 07:15 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  There is a reason Laila Ali wanted nothing to do with Ann Wolfe.
Exactly. Laila was too smart to kill the Ali brand with Ann Wolfe.

I'm actually 2 degrees from both of them and Joe Frazier's daughter. I used to get sparring from Shirvelle Williams who fought all 3 of them. I was not entirely comfortable with the situation, but she was a tough ass woman. I hit her with some hard shots, and she only went down once. I saw her working security at a local museum several years ago. She used to talk mad shit about Laila Ali, but raved about Ann Wolfe.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The ChuCha Room is still taking action SmartyBeardo 2 2,181 11-12-2011 08:08 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)