Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Wilder by KO/stoppage
Wilder by decision
Ortiz by KO/stoppage
Ortiz by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd
03-07-2018, 11:43 PM
RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd
https://www.boxingscene.com/wilders-mana...ht--125972

A showdown between Joshua, who owns the IBF, IBO and WBA titles, and Wilder isn’t expected to happen next, assuming the heavily favored Joshua beats Parker later this month. If it does take place, Joshua and Wilder are expected to earn eight-figure purses.

According to Finkel, there have been no discussions between representatives for Wilder and Joshua since November 29. That was the day Finkel met with Barry Hearn, Eddie Hearn’s father and the founder of Matchroom Boxing, which promotes Joshua.

“What I said was that on November 29th, 2017, I met with Barry Hearn, which is Eddie’s father,” Finkel said, referring to a story he told toward the end of Wilder’s post-fight press conference Saturday night. “And he said that he believed he could bring more people to Vegas, at a higher ticket price, that we would make more money than if we fought in the UK. I said to him, ‘We’re open to fight either place. If you’re ready, we could make a deal.’ He also asked us if we would fight on February 3rd against Dillian Whyte. I said, ‘Sure, if we could make Joshua.’

“I got a letter later that day and it was from Eddie. He says, ‘Hi Shelly. Glad you had a good chin wag with the old man.’ I laugh a little because this is language I never could’ve made up. ‘I will get the respective P&L, profits-losses, to you this week for discussion. All the best, Eddie.’ That was on November 29th. I have not heard from him since. Then he goes out [and says] that we were asking for this and we were asking for that. We haven’t asked for anything. When they make these ridiculous statements, I’ll counter just to save face. We’re ready to fight him. We’re ready to do it whenever.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-07-2018 11:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II set 02/22/2020! ViperSniper 227 11,041 02-29-2020 10:37 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Cut fears put Tyson Fury's head off limits as he spars for Deontay Wilder fight TheTeddyBear 7 687 01-17-2020 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge? ViperSniper 79 5,066 12-05-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)