Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jermain Taylor At It Again
08-31-2018, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2018 10:55 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again
How is any response going to do your post justice Meth!? Hahaha man what a post and a whole bunch of stories and footage you got! Those vids are sick as. Zab Judah is so fun to watch..the songs go well with the footages you got!

Cool how Hopkins went to some juice bar with you too haha! Sounds like awsome times and even if the novelty wore off, I'm sure there was no regret either!

Only thing I've got close to this is that I once went to this gym that Sam Soliman once trained in lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 02:51 AM by blackbelt2003.)
I used to do BT interviews, too.

Met Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, Amir Khan, Audley Harrison and others.

Same as Meth, the novelty wore off pretty quick. I'm not one into meeting or chasing celebrities so it basically became a case of me spending money running around trying to talk to people I had no massive interest in talking to (watch them fight, yeah; chat to, nah) and all the whilst being spoken to like some two bit employee by Greg.

Got a few nice press seats for some big UK fights...but after a while I thought I'd rather pay money for a ringside seat and not have to run around for BT.

Black
09-01-2018, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 05:35 AM by ViperSniper.)
(09-01-2018 02:50 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I used to do BT interviews, too.

Met Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, Amir Khan, Audley Harrison and others.

Same as Meth, the novelty wore off pretty quick. I'm not one into meeting or chasing celebrities so it basically became a case of me spending money running around trying to talk to people I had no massive interest in talking to (watch them fight, yeah; chat to, nah) and all the whilst being spoken to like some two bit employee by Greg.

Got a few nice press seats for some big UK fights...but after a while I thought I'd rather pay money for a ringside seat and not have to run around for BT.

Black

That's cool as! What was Hatton, Khan & Calzaghe like? Hatton would have been good to meet!

We need a thread for boxing encounters and stories!!
09-01-2018, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 05:51 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Surprisingly to me, Joe Calzaghe was the most down to earth and affable.

I did an interview with him just before the Lacy fight. A year later I randomly bumped into him in Alicante, Spain, where he was on holiday. Surprisingly he remembered me, my name and we chatted for a good ten to fifteen mins.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8q57xW4PY2ifEmAZ8

Whereas Hatton was much more business like. No polite chat, just the interview and that was it.

Black
09-01-2018, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 01:49 AM by ViperSniper.)
Hahaha what a cool pic of you & Joe Calzaghe, black!!.interesting to hear about how business like Hatton was compared to Calz who remembered you by name! Did you manage to catch any of these guys spar at camp?
09-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Nah, i met them outside of training.

Although I have sparred a few half decent pros in my time, mainly Pele Reid when he was still a force to be reckoned with and was favourite to fight Mike Tyson in Manchester, Richie Woodhall (former WBC Super middle champ) and as a teenager I sparred Gary Mason, who went 37-0-0 before losing a thriller to Lennox Lewis just before Lewis won his world title.

Black
09-01-2018, 08:54 PM
James Toney is the most down to earth fighter I've met. Funny dude.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
09-01-2018, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 09:53 PM by Method.)
Boys - I could write a fucking novel about my times on the boards fro like 2000 til now. Crazy.

I met BoxingCritic through the boards...and the fkn dude flew to PR for my wedding. Shit just connected like that. The keyboard flame wars. The endless arguments...death threats from ppl. LMMFAO. I go way back w JD (who I met on BTalk boards), a few of the guys on fight hype (who I've never ever spoken to since that split, not that its a real 'beef"). I go way back w Warlord as well, who to this day is the only dude that had me proof reading and second guessing my responses.

I love it all. I'm a surgeon on the keyboard w no formal typing lessons because of all of the degenerate time I spent on the boards. I loved every crazy minute of it.

You guys need to under stand something - coming from Philly, we are a hard core sports fan-base w bridesmaid results. So me being a huge boxing fan having a dude like Hopkins...I felt like he carried the city forever...and repped us to the fullest (from 97-201whenever he got ko'd). So it all just enhanced everything for me - boxing my favorite sport, middleweight always my favorite weight class [thx Hagler], and Hopkins my favorite fighter. And let me be straight, BHOP really got on my nerves towards the end too. He fell in love w the sound of his own voice. Loved to hear himself talk, and, in his own words, got retired FROM THE RING. He got what he deserved and he couldn't be a man about that loss. I will give Bernard credit, he ALWAYS showed up at the post fight pressers for his L's like a damn man.

Then I find websites and message boards? it was so killer.

Its been a long strange trip, boys. I love you all...even the ones I go at it with.

These boards and this sport have gotten me through it. I really mean it. I don't want to name all the peeps that I met along the way, cuz I don't want anyone to feel off for not being mentioned. ALl you guys man. You too Caneman, Spyder. The Nipple Sucker (Fitz) and his bro.

Its a long strange trip.

...and Im excited about things in the immediate 18 month future, and yukking it up w you fucks.

(09-01-2018 05:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Surprisingly to me, Joe Calzaghe was the most down to earth and affable.

I did an interview with him just before the Lacy fight. A year later I randomly bumped into him in Alicante, Spain, where he was on holiday. Surprisingly he remembered me, my name and we chatted for a good ten to fifteen mins.

Whereas Hatton was much more business like. No polite chat, just the interview and that was it.

Black
Joe looks like he nees to run off and take a shit...or meet his dealer.
09-02-2018, 12:25 AM
(09-01-2018 05:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Surprisingly to me, Joe Calzaghe was the most down to earth and affable.

Black

Somehow in this photo Black you have achieved the impossible: You look like the celebrity and Joe looks like the super pumped fan, just happy to be breathing the same oxygen as you Roflmao

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-02-2018, 03:02 AM
Did you just reference the dead? Are you a closet deadhead meth? We may have just become best friends!

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boxer Jermain Taylor Arrested For Allegedly Biting, Threatening to Kill GF boxingcritic 14 6,588 07-28-2017 08:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor ViperSniper 103 68,763 06-20-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
Smile Jermain Taylor-Paul Williams @ 160 ViperSniper 6 5,463 10-25-2014 05:27 PM
Last Post: Fitz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)