Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jermain Taylor At It Again
09-02-2018, 03:14 AM
RE: Jermain Taylor At It Again
(09-01-2018 08:54 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  James Toney is the most down to earth fighter I've met. Funny dude.

Any James Toney story I'd appreciate. He's my favourite fighter of all times.

Oh and does anyone know what happened to Clarence 'Bones' Adams? LOL.

EDIT: I just checked it out and Bones has had an interesting life since hanging them up. not all bad, mostly good. A pleasant surprise.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2018, 03:40 AM
I don't have any good ones, met him at PAL nationals in Oxnard California 2007, he made fun of me for having big hands and kept asking me not to beat him up. It's funny we met across the country because our home towns are only a couple hours a part on the opposite coast of where we met.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
09-03-2018, 03:59 PM
(09-02-2018 03:02 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Did you just reference the dead? Are you a closet deadhead meth? We may have just become best friends!
Not a closet anything. Of course I like the dead. Prob a bigger Allman Bros/Mule fan. Just in to anyone that can make a guitar howl - Gary Clarke, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Anders Osborne's energy in really in my wheelhouse right not. Love Hendrix. Music is a massive part of my existence.
09-04-2018, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 08:56 AM by salvador.)
(09-03-2018 03:59 PM)Method Wrote:  Not a closet anything. Of course I like the dead. Prob a bigger Allman Bros/Mule fan. Just in to anyone that can make a guitar howl - Gary Clarke, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Anders Osborne's energy in really in my wheelhouse right not. Love Hendrix. Music is a massive part of my existence.

I love all those bands with the Dead at the top and Trucks/Haynes next, though one of the greatest tragedies of the last 5 years is that Susan Tedeschi has absolutely ruined any opportunity to see Derek Trucks live.

I almost want to say that you or someone on this board coined the term Yoko Tedeschi.
09-04-2018, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 12:40 PM by Method.)
Dude, Im right there with you regarding Susan aka Yoko Tedeschi.

Im really feeling Anders right now man. My fucking spirit animal.

11-30-2018, 02:40 AM
https://www.boxingscene.com/jermain-tayl...rt--134169

Former middleweight champion and Olympic silver medal winner Jermain Taylor was arrested for the second time in November.

The Arkansas Democrat Gazette reports that Taylor was booked into the Pulaski County jail on Wednesday, after being arrested on a charge of non-payment of child support. Taylor will be held until he pays $5,300 to the court registry.

Taylor reportedly owes $54,500 in child support payments.
11-30-2018, 04:06 AM
I'm sure he could bag a fight with someone to pay off his debts.

Black
11-30-2018, 11:00 AM
So sad. He seemed like a genuinely good guy with a tiny brain.

There was an HBO profile of him before the first Hopkins fight where he was driving around Little Rock in his Lamborghini and I remember thinking that there was a 100% chance that everyone around him was going to take advantage of him and he was going to be broke.

Any comeback would be heartbreaking.
11-30-2018, 09:39 PM
It's only child support guys.. at least he didnt beat anyone up this time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2018, 02:46 AM
A few years back I was helping with matchmaking for a show. Matched a fight for a regional title, local legend vs. an old fringe contender.

Fringe contender takes the fight, signs the contract, and then three days before the show.... he's gone. Won't answer the phone. Won't respond to a text. We reach out to friends and they haven't heard from him.

Turns out he was in jail. Why? Friend of the Court charges. Hideous amounts of back child support.

Scrambled and got a replacement on less than 72 hours notice and it was a fun fight... but, yeah, that can get nasty.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boxer Jermain Taylor Arrested For Allegedly Biting, Threatening to Kill GF boxingcritic 14 6,588 07-28-2017 08:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Sergio Martinez-Jermain Taylor ViperSniper 103 68,763 06-20-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
Smile Jermain Taylor-Paul Williams @ 160 ViperSniper 6 5,463 10-25-2014 05:27 PM
Last Post: Fitz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)