Poll: Who wins the rematch?
This poll is closed.
Alvarez by KO/TKO 75.00% 6 75.00%
Alvarez by decision 0% 0 0%
Kovalev by KO/TKO 12.50% 1 12.50%
Kovalev by decision 12.50% 1 12.50%
Total 8 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Alvarez-Kovalev II is set for Feb 2 in Texas!
09-15-2018, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2019 07:10 AM by ViperSniper.)
Alvarez-Kovalev II is set for Feb 2 in Texas!
The rematch is set between undefeated Colombian Eleider Alvarez & Sergey Kovalev for early 2019!!

I'm pumped up for this rematch and surprised to see it get made! Very interested to see how Kovalev can look after essentially coming off his first true professional defeat and stoppage loss of his career!

Despite Kovalev being competitive in the first fight and still having that big KO punch, I feel we will see a repeat here.
Whether Kovalev comes into the rematch timid, calm or over aggressively will ultimately lose again...unless the Colombian comes in overlooking Kovalev here or just gets clipped.

How does the rematch unfold & who take this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2018, 02:47 AM
RE: Alvarez-Kovalev II is on for 2019!
Repeat...Kov will have lost his mental edge and will keep getting knocked out now.

Black
09-15-2018, 10:52 AM
This is the right fight for Kov if he wants to prove himself.

Not sure who to pick yet.
09-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Kov gets KOd again.. hes been thoroughly exposed.

Bullys dont like getting bullied.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Kov is going off that Roy Jones Jr cliff.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-17-2018, 02:39 AM
Shame as I wanted to see him unify vs Beterbiev or Bivol.

Black
09-17-2018, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018 11:17 PM by ViperSniper.)
(09-15-2018 10:52 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  This is the right fight for Kov if he wants to prove himself.

Not sure who to pick yet.

That's true. However I would have gone for the Stevenson fight instead of this. Much more winnable & bigger fight which could lead to Kov being lineal champion!
If he has to fight Alvarez regardless, then in this case I feel it would be best for Kovalev to regroup with other fighters before taking this challenge on!
That doesn't matter anyways as the rematch is signed which is good news and I guess shows that Kovalev clearly wanted to jump straight back in there but will pay for it!

On a sidenote I was surprised to see that Alvarez has been in the ring with some decent names despite them being past it in their own ways. He has been in the ring with Miranda, Bute, Pascal & soon can add Kovalev twice to his resume.
09-17-2018, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 09:26 AM by ViperSniper.)
Come to think about it..
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kovalev turn full Golota in this one here. Kov may have a breakdown & flat out quit or get a blatant DQ loss here..if the going gets real tough!
09-17-2018, 12:20 PM
I've just never seen him come through a hard fight. Every time he's been presented with hardship he's crumbled.

Black
12-08-2018, 11:11 PM
RE: Alvarez-Kovalev II is set for Feb 2 in Texas!
The rematch has been set for February 2nd in Texas!

https://fightnews.com/alvarez-kovalev-re...llas/35785

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)