Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Greatest MMA/UFC fighters.
10-10-2018, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018 03:40 AM by ViperSniper.)
Greatest MMA/UFC fighters.
I was wondering what most or you guys consider the greatest fighter(s) of all time from the UFC? Also same question on MMA fighters!?

I've always seen one of the Gracie brothers as greatest MMA fighter and also Anderson Silva as arguably the best UFC and possibly MMA fighter?

Also when was UFC at it's best?

I don't know shit but the fighter that has impressed me most out of sheer eye test and skills is Jon Jones..but know he wouldn't be topping any lists..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2018, 12:51 PM
RE: Greatest MMA/UFC fighters.
This requires people like Warlord who know the history of the sport. We are firmly in the UFC era and have been for ages but when you look at guys in the UFC (especially the older ones) they all have such a history of fightimg absolutely anyone. They have ALL fought eachother its fucking crazy. If you dont know the history of Pride etc then I guess its impossible and leads people to nonsense like picking Conor over Khabib because he is a legend of UFC.

I fell out of MMA for years really but I actually find it fascinating looking back at the records of fighters who have been around a long time. When you look at grizzled old fuckers like the Nogueiras, Wanderlei, Dan Henderson etc, they just fought everyone. Even the lighter guys fought against fucking monsters back in the day. Such a rich sport that only really gets seen as Danas product by most.

It seems like guys who arent really quoted because they didnt burn it up in UFC like Fedor or maybe even a Shogun type are considered absolute monsters by those in the know.
10-10-2018, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2018 03:50 PM by JONdaCON.)
Fedor is probably the closest to a consensus #1...

Its harder to judge P4P in the MMA ranks due to styles...

For me the Mount Rushmore of MMA would be Fedor, Silva, GSP and one of the Gracies(Royce).

Gracie's are hard to judge... Royce was supposed to be the smallest and weakest so they chose him to showcase their skills.. he ended up being probably the most famous and accomplished of them all.. but supposedly he wasnt the best so who knows.

Honorable mentions would be Wanderlei, Nogueira, Rutten, Jon Jones, Courture, Shamrocc... idk this is all off the top of my head, im sure im missing some.

Oh and Khabib.

I guess these would be more of the 2nd tier of GOATs...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Roy Nelson is on my Mount Rushmore of mma fighters,haha. But seriously talking about who's good and what not, too many people get hung up on only UFC talent. Ben Askern would smash everybody the UFC could offer him. Pride had a lot of guys that were super nasty in their prime but UFC picked them up late and "exposed" pride as being weak. GTFO. They tried that shit with Anderson who was 2-2 I think in pride by giving him to Chris Leben as a tune up for Leben before a title fight with Franklin. Silva murdered him then went on to murder Franklin and everybody for yearssssssss.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
10-12-2018, 11:25 AM
The consensus top 3 from most knowledgeable fans is/was Fedor, GSP, and Anderson Silva.

I never had Anderson that high, and most have dropped him off their list for pissing hot multiple times. He couldn't wrestle like Fedor and GSP, and was always susceptible to getting ground-and-pounded.

In my opinion the most naturally gifted fighter ever was Kazushi Sakuraba. He won a UFC tournament early in his career, beat a lot of the big names most fans are familiar with (Vitor Belfort, Royce Gracie, Rampage Jackson, Kevin Randleman, and Ken Shamrock), as well as a lot of great fighters that casual fans don't know as well (Vernon White, Carlos Newton, Ebenezer Fontes Braga, Guy Mezger), and he fucked every Gracie on the planet up except for Rickson, because Rickson refused to fight him.

Sakuraba also regularly fought guys that were light heavyweight or heavyweights, while Saku was barely a middleweight himself.

(10-10-2018 12:51 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  This requires people like Warlord who know the history of the sport. We are firmly in the UFC era and have been for ages but when you look at guys in the UFC (especially the older ones) they all have such a history of fightimg absolutely anyone. They have ALL fought eachother its fucking crazy. If you dont know the history of Pride etc then I guess its impossible and leads people to nonsense like picking Conor over Khabib because he is a legend of UFC.

I fell out of MMA for years really but I actually find it fascinating looking back at the records of fighters who have been around a long time. When you look at grizzled old fuckers like the Nogueiras, Wanderlei, Dan Henderson etc, they just fought everyone. Even the lighter guys fought against fucking monsters back in the day. Such a rich sport that only really gets seen as Danas product by most.

It seems like guys who arent really quoted because they didnt burn it up in UFC like Fedor or maybe even a Shogun type are considered absolute monsters by those in the know.

Shogun would have been alongside Fedor in accomplishments if he hadn't have blown his knee out. He tore his knee up 3 times, and was never the same, not even after the first one. It's the same knee injury that destroyed the careers of guys like Eggerin James and Garrison Hearst in the NFL.

Dan Henderson would be up there with Fedor and GSP if he hadn't have piled up so many losses to go alongside his great wins. In many ways Dan Henderson is the Evander Holyfield of MMA. He routinely fought bigger guys, beat a ton of good fighters, but took a few losses along the way.

Dan had a beautiful phantom overhand right which I haven't seen any fighter (in boxing or MMA) do well since the the great Rocky Marciano. It's basically where a fighter steps in to the punch looking at an opponent's body, throwing as if going to the body, and then switching the trajectory at the end and going up top. Brutal, if you can master it.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
10-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Dan's overhand right is the single biggest game changer ive ever seen...

Dan could get his ass kicced the entire fight, throw that single punch, and put dude's lights out before they hit the ground. It was a thing of beauty. I was always surprised by guys like him and Liddell who looked like they learned to fight by starting bar room brawls. Lol.

So inconspicuous, yet would put a MFs lights out in a heartbeat.
10-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Is it true there was no drug testing in Pride?

Something to think about.
10-15-2018, 06:53 PM
None. Most if not all of Hammer house and Chute Boxe’s fighters were on the gear. Both Overeems as well. Maybe CroCop too.

Sakuraba, the Nog brothers, and Fedor were clean, though, if I had to bet.

Either way, no testing isn’t cool, but it actually creates a fair playing field.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
10-15-2018, 10:44 PM
Juiced up Overeem was one of my faves... Man those knees were something brutal. Yeesh.
10-17-2018, 04:18 PM
I bet Mark Hunt was clean too. He despises juicers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)