Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Crawford could be his own worst enemy!
10-14-2018, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 05:39 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Crawford could be his own worst enemy!
Crawford is such an awsome fighter.
This was a very tough competitive fight which Crawford was forced to work!

I really don't like how the ref jumped in and called it off in the 12th. Benavidez deserved to try end the fight on his feet & Crawford deserved to get the stoppage on his own. Too often refs fuck fights up and ruin endings. I know refs are there to officiate the fight & protect the fighters from serious damage but they should really allow fights to unfold and end more naturally. Too many refs don't enforce standing 8 counts when they should or even ending fights when a fighter beats the count &/or follows their instructions. Unless a fighter has recieved alot of punishment, is wayy too hurt for the fighter to know any better where they're stumbling, slurring or the case of a the lights are on but nobody's home..then let them fkn fight it out!

What a damn uppercut though that Crawford landed to drop Benavidez in the final round. Crawford showed he has carried his power to WW & can also carry his power late in fights.

However. This has made me more confident that Crawford will not beat Errol if they square off! Errol, like Benavidez is big but is soo much better. IF Crawford is an A+ fighter then Errol would be an A or at the very least an A- fighter. However it's the size! Both are good but one is naturally much bigger and will be a case of a big good fighter beating the smaller good fighter.

Which then raises the question of what would Crawford do next if that's the case? I say for a man who has already climbed the divisions..he may be best to wait for Spence to grow out of Welterweight, for Crawford to take over!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2018, 07:57 AM
Benavidez is a legit opponent who had never lost.

He has a terrific chin, good pop and solid handspeed.

On a night Crawford didn’t have his A game, he handled business clearly. We always look for competitive fights, when we get one that is in spots, we think it’s an indication that a fighter whose been dominant is somehow flawed now.

Crawford - Spence is very interesting. I’m not sure how one might think Crawford has no pop, but that aside...he has speed and timing. It’ll be a tough fight because Spence is an animal.
10-14-2018, 09:37 AM
I don't think it's possible for anyone to come back from being shot in the knee - especially against a top fighter like Crawford.

Benavidez has the skills and chin and the heart, but the knee let him down and he didn't have stamina to go 12. I was impressed with him but I can't see him beating any of the top guys.

Crawford is so incredibly calm and he doesn't seem to tire. I hadn't really thought about him vs. Porter (ugliest style in the sport) but that could actually be interesting if Porter used his size to wear Crawford out.

I had no idea until last night that Crawford was 31. He needs to make the big fights now - Porter/Spence/Thurman.
10-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Bud is clearly either no 1 or no 2 pound for pound in the world alongside Loma.

Last night was more evidence of that...he took care of business against a guy who could have upset a lot of big names.

But at 147 Bud is small and may get pushed around by a Spence or even a Porter (although skillwise he'd win rounds vs Porter).

Black
10-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Bud is bigger than Porter, he'd murder him at range. Too fast footed to get crowded and smothered how shawn does.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
10-14-2018, 08:46 PM
(10-14-2018 09:37 AM)salvador Wrote:  Crawford is so incredibly calm and he doesn't seem to tire.

I only saw bits and pieces of this fight but this is the one thing that jumped out at me. In the early going he certainly wasn't having it all his own way yet he looked so damn calm and unruffled in there. Temperament often gets overlooked when assessing a fighter, we tend to look more at the physical abilities, yet Crawford's calmness may well be decisive when taking on the evry very best names.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-17-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm picking Crawford over Spence and Porter based off lateral movement. I watched Brook handle both of them with ease. He was outclassing Spence early on with his boxing ability and lateral movement until he gassed. Yes Spence had a lot to do with that due to sheer pressure but he wasn't winning early. Brook coming off that GGG fight was a broken man. The same Brook that beat Porter would've beaten Spence too. Like the Charlo brother he trains with Spence needs guys to sit still in order to develop offense. Well except for the Algeri fight but hell that was Algeri. Crawford easily UD's Porter but has a tougher fight with Spence that he barely edges. I think Thurman beats them all though.
10-17-2018, 11:13 PM
(10-17-2018 03:59 PM)KingEugene Wrote:  I'm picking Crawford over Spence and Porter based off lateral movement. I watched Brook handle both of them with ease. He was outclassing Spence early on with his boxing ability and lateral movement until he gassed. Yes Spence had a lot to do with that due to sheer pressure but he wasn't winning early. Brook coming off that GGG fight was a broken man. The same Brook that beat Porter would've beaten Spence too. Like the Charlo brother he trains with Spence needs guys to sit still in order to develop offense. Well except for the Algeri fight but hell that was Algeri. Crawford easily UD's Porter but has a tougher fight with Spence that he barely edges. I think Thurman beats them all though.

I agreed with everything in this post.....................until the last sentence. However I know that's how you roll Eugene, you've always gotta throw something a little funky in there.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-18-2018, 02:44 AM
I can live with that analysis, King.

I'd love to see the fights play out. 147 is incredible, and I'm worried it'll all fizzle out if they move up in weight/lose.

Black
10-18-2018, 02:48 AM
It will fizzle out thanks to Floyds legacy of making sure guys like these only fight twice a year max and only if "it makes sense".

There needs to be about 3 seperate trilogies for this all to play out properly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)