Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

WBSS
11-04-2018, 01:33 AM
WBSS
You guys been watching this? I only just found this youtube channel which has world class docos before each of the events. This gets me excited about boxing again: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3OiO5...L23qUv8L0Q

The "pre fight" and "day after" are wicked.

Nonito dropping back to bantam was also a sight to see. He didn't look flabby and actually used his right hand again. But Burnett is excellent. Great 4 rounds, wish it played out over 12. Burnett was probably slightly getting the better of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2018, 03:07 AM
RE: WBSS
Just subbed... nice find!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2018, 04:15 AM
Josh "Tartan Tornado" Taylor beating the piss out of undefeated American Ryan Martin in the 140 series, setting up a semi final against Ivan Baranchyk.

Taylor is still pretty much under the radar over here but he is definitely the real deal. Progressing so well early in his career and crucially seems to be carrying power with him as he goes. Specially pleasing to see how he likes to work the body. Its all very well hurting the first few scrubs you fight to the body but he is ripping body shots against good pros and causing damage which is something I love to watch.
11-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Martin was a massive disappointment. Really expected more from an unbeaten Abel Sanchez trained fighter.

Not to take away from Taylor, who looked brilliant. He beats Baranchyk but loses to Prograis in the final.

Black
11-04-2018, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018 07:42 AM by and the NEW.)
(11-04-2018 03:07 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Just subbed... nice find!

I can't believe the HARDCORE boxing community like us don't even know of this promotion! All that work doing it, and no advertising of it. Terrible effort by WBSS considering the excellent work they are doing.

lloyd, Taylor is good hey, I really rate him. But he has a tough run, Baranchyk followed by Prograis. And even then, 140 has some other good fighters, Linares is now up there, and Jose Ramirez is there also (these two will probably fight given one is GBP, one is Top Rank, with the winner possibly fighting the winner of the WBSS).
11-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Agreed... the WBSS has put together a bunch of great tourneys..but sheesh, how would one know of their YT channel? They only have 250k subs! Crazy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2018, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 09:25 PM by and the NEW.)
(11-04-2018 07:36 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Agreed... the WBSS has put together a bunch of great tourneys..but sheesh, how would one know of their YT channel? They only have 250k subs! Crazy.

I think it is like 25k subs, nowhere close to 250k!

BTW, you guys see Inoue spark Payano!? Far out, he is going to monster that bantam tourney. Hope to see him against Donaire in the final.

If Taylor can continue to improve he could def win the tourney and unify the division against Ramirez, taking out Postol in only 12 fights is very impressive, he obviously backs himself, that was a risky move and only just paid off (I only had him up by a couple rounds in that one).
11-12-2018, 03:20 AM
Taylor-Prograis is a fight to get psyched about.

Black
11-12-2018, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2018 06:05 AM by and the NEW.)
Taylor's style reminds me of Lomachenko, although without the insane footwork, bag of tricks and timing. But they both move similar and throw very short punches (even their straight left is short which is odd for a southpaw) and they also like to use wide punches on the inside.
11-12-2018, 08:02 AM
It's almost a shame in that as soon as Taylor and Prograis win world titles in their next fights, they have to fight each other and one gets eliminated.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)