Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Did Golota deserve the title against Byrd/Ruiz?
Yes
No
Only against Byrd
Only against Ruiz
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The career of Andrew Golota
02-23-2019, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2019 06:33 AM by ViperSniper.)
The career of Andrew Golota
I've been meaning to make a thread on this topic as going back on his career..it was wild, like himself! Could Golota have the most unluckiest career's of the 90's? Certainly one of the most strangest careers.

An Olympic medalist, bit opponents neck in first televised bout, beating the lineal HW champ twice to get DQ'd in both fights gets blown out in 2 against Lewis, quits against both Grant & Tyson in fights he was doing well in. Retires, comes back with Don King, has instant title shot against Byrd who many fought Golota impressed & won, but lost, then gets another title shot against Ruiz in a fight many felt Golota was robbed, then get ANOTHER title shot against Brewster to only get blasted in 53 seconds!!

It's almost as if Golota did his best, most honest work after his physical best once he had returned as a Don King fighter in the early 2000's.

How good was Golota, how good could have he been had he had his shit together and how would he fair up against todays crop?

Here is a very good video recap of Andrew Golota's career!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2019, 03:04 AM
RE: The career of Andrew Golota
Golota just didn't have the heart, almost every time he quit he was leading big on the cards.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-23-2019, 03:51 AM
He was a talented guy who had a problem with his wiring. He had about 26 title shots and managed to blow them all.

But who can watch the Bowe fights and not fail to be impressed by him? That Golota would have kicked most of today's heavyweights asses...but then possibly found a way to be DQ'd or quit.

Black
02-23-2019, 08:05 AM
I mean he proved he was still a force when they tried to use him for Mike Mollo to build on and he beat mollos ass. One of my favorite step ups gone wrong.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
02-23-2019, 06:26 PM
He got screwed against both.
02-23-2019, 09:14 PM
The Golota that fought Bowe beats any heavyweight holding a title today.

He beat Bowe retarded. Bowe was never the same after those fights.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
02-23-2019, 11:48 PM
Bowes post fight interview in the rematch was a commercial for identifying the signs of brain trauma.
02-24-2019, 04:16 AM
Bowe was basically a coma patient with a working body at that point.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)