Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Repeat?
This poll is closed.
Yes 100.00% 3 100.00%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 3 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge?
11-24-2019, 10:31 AM
RE: Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge?
Watched a replay.

That fight was trash. Wilder sucks...but we already knew that. The whole lot of them suck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Wilder fought smart. Ortiz was countering the right hand with the lead right hook and left straight.. Wilder wasnt really giving him opportunities to time him since he was keep the right hand holstered.

He was patient, looked for his openings.. then, BAM!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Is he really the worst heavyweight champ? You have to fight a perfect fight to beat him. The man literally only needs 2 seconds out of 36 minutes and it's over.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
11-24-2019, 11:49 AM
No, he's not the worst. He has good patience and timing. His left hook looked better than usual too.
11-24-2019, 02:55 PM
That designation goes to Charles Martin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Browne and Martin share that distinction.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
11-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Is Wilder the hardest hitter of all time?

Forget the skills deficit... There is surely an argument for this.
11-24-2019, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2019 04:14 PM by blackbelt2003.)
I thought Wilder won two or three rounds...it was close and certainly not a Ortiz landslide.

I believe the punchstats were fairly even, too.

And whilst the eye test says Wilder is shitty, the results say otherwise. You cannot be shit and reel off knockouts like he keeps doing. Ortiz would run all over a shitty fighter. He gave Wilder every respect for a reason...and in the end all it took was a split second gap and it was over. Not even raw power can do that alone...you need the skill and precision alongside it to find that shot.

I'm not saying he's Ali or a heavyeight Pernell. But he does have a set of attributes and skills that are far better than the eye test alone can reveal.

Black
11-24-2019, 04:35 PM
It's hard to gauge him power wise against fighters of the past because his opposition hasn't exactly been all granite chinned dudes but he has managed to floor everybody he has fought. He in my opinion absolutely can knock out anybody. Would love to see him in with Dominick Guinn or even an old McCall.

11-24-2019, 07:49 PM
I think a lot of guys from the past stop him before he lands....but that doesn't mean he couldn't knock them out if it was he who landed first. He is without a doubt to be mentioned alongside Tyson, Foreman, Shavers and Marciano in regards to pure punching power, if nothing else.

In fact, his lack of apparent skill backs up this fact, since he's doing what he's doing without the aid of boxing ability.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Showtime out on Wilder - Ortiz 2 JD 11 814 09-29-2019 06:30 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Wilder - Ortiz 2 Confirmed JD 20 1,525 06-03-2019 05:57 PM
  Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd ViperSniper 197 56,101 08-25-2018 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)