Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Repeat?
This poll is closed.
Yes 100.00% 3 100.00%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 3 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge?
11-24-2019, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2019 09:10 PM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Wilder-Ortiz II set Nov 23rd: Repeat or revenge?
Absolutely right BLK.

We are looking at the hardest puncher in boxing history. I mean, even his KOs are straight rights.. 1-2s... hardly a "powershot" as we consider it.

And the timing, accuracy, distance measurement... he def has a secret set of skills we all underestimate.

And his fuccing CHIN!

If a "Puncher's chance" is about 5%

Wilder's "Puncher's chance" is about 60%... LMAO
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Wilder gets leverage that we could not quantify. His right hand is huge, no question..but he sucks otherwise.

That said, his right is enough to make him effective while sucking.
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2019, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't argue against anyone who says Wilder is the hardest puncher in boxing history!!

His punches even look and sound different! Agree with the fact he doesn't even use good technique either..which you know his power is natural & real. Imagine had he had quick l straight shots..or sat on his shots more!..
11-24-2019, 11:48 PM
I think his technique was decent. Better then usual, as he didnt get Wild AT ALL in this fight..

That lead left hook looked pretty good too. He buzzed Ortiz with a grazing blow.. he also worked the body alot more.
11-25-2019, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2019 01:32 AM by ViperSniper.)
(11-24-2019 11:48 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  I think his technique was decent. Better then usual, as he didnt get Wild AT ALL in this fight..

That lead left hook looked pretty good too. He buzzed Ortiz with a grazing blow.. he also worked the body alot more.

All is true..I noticed Wilder was hooking & going to the body more.

However he still doesn't have a jab! Dude just paws, measures and throws these loose looking hooks! Wilder needs to work on his left..because his left is strictly used to set his right!

Imagine if Wilder has Emmanuel Stewart from the beginning of his career. Had he had either a quick/straight jab he fired l, tightened up his right even more and start adding more meaningful hooks! Wlad was basically a 3 punch boxer..Wilder is just a 1 punch boxer at the moment..needs at the very least a jab and hook!

Also I think it's great that Wilder having the amount of power he possesses has shown such patience inside the ring. But it's tooo much also! The guy needs to slowly pick up his punch output and throwing power shots a bit more frequently!
11-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Doesnt have a jab? His jab is arguably his best weapon. It's what sets up his right hand.

He couldn't jab Ortiz cuz Ortiz knew how to counter it.. so he was more so using it to Blind Ortiz.

But DW can pump that jab for most of the fight, as we saw vs Stiverne and Arreola.
11-25-2019, 04:49 PM
(11-25-2019 12:06 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Doesnt have a jab? His jab is arguably his best weapon. It's what sets up his right hand.

He couldn't jab Ortiz cuz Ortiz knew how to counter it.. so he was more so using it to Blind Ortiz.

But DW can pump that jab for most of the fight, as we saw vs Stiverne and Arreola.

I sort of agree, I wouldn't call it his best weapon, that fucken canon of a right hand is his best weapon but that jab is getting better, as is his left hook.

he actually also possesses a lovely straight laser-like right hand that he throws in between the windmills. The windmills tend to come when he gets excited but that 'one punch' KO right hand he throws is actually very straight. The Brezeale and Ortiz 2 fights being good examples.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-25-2019, 05:20 PM
Really? His jab? lol

He doesn't have much of a jab at all, he just uses it as a measuring stick. If his jab was even remotely good, he would not be down on cards and relying on one shot to turn a fight around.

A man with his size and athleticism, it would be damn obvious if his jab was one of his best weapons because he would control fights with them and not be losing them until he lands the knockout punch.

Tall, rangy fighters with a good jab look like Wlad, Hearns, Lewis, Holmes that fight long and control fights with them.

Deontay doesn't fit that bill at all. I don't think his jab is a great weapon of his at all, if it was he would dominate majority of his fights until he knocks them out, but he doesn't.
11-25-2019, 05:22 PM
He paws with the jab a lot...but that's how he sets up the right hand. They try and move in on the jab and he walks them onto that sledgehammer.

Black
11-25-2019, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2019 07:54 PM by JONdaCON.)
I didnt say he had the greatest jab in boxing history. I said it was arguably HIS best weapon.. which currently consists of 1 other thing, his right hand... which again, wouldnt work without the jab.

And YES he pawed vs Ortiz.. hence why I didnt use him for an example..

But if you pay attention, sometimes he paws with it to break his opponents guard, sometimes he holds it as a range finder, other times he steps in and peppers you over and over with it... it all depends on the opponent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Showtime out on Wilder - Ortiz 2 JD 11 814 09-29-2019 06:30 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Wilder - Ortiz 2 Confirmed JD 20 1,526 06-03-2019 05:57 PM
  Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd ViperSniper 197 56,118 08-25-2018 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)