Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Chandler v McGregor
02-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Chandler v McGregor
Il believe the actual fight between them happens when a date gets set, but as they are TUF coaches they should really be fighting eachother.

Point is, and I know social media feeds are just a wall to wall bonfire, but I keep seeing opinions that "Chandler is in with a good chance" and similar....

Michael Chandler will absolutely wipe his arse with McGregor. I can only assume its Conor fanboys, bit how the fuck is there people out there who can't see how utterly past it McGregor is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2023, 03:28 PM
RE: Chandler v McGregor
Conor is past it, and I think he’ll be out of the UFC within three fights, because he’s not going to want to keep fighting after taking embarrassing losses, which is about all he’s got left going forward. That said, Chandler is a winnable fight. I wouldn’t make McGregor the favorite, but Chandler gets hit early and often, and McGregor is still dangerous in the first round. If it goes past the first I think Chandler wins for sure, but for that first round, he’ll be in the danger zone.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-01-2023, 10:49 AM
I get you War, I just am very dubious that the "dangerous for 1 round" McGregor even exists anymore. We have spoke before about that weight being brimmed with young killers who are deep in the grind, while Conor sits inactive getting older, less fit, less sharp.

I honestly think all that happens if he tags Chandler early is that both guys realise there and then, that Chandler can take his best, and proceeds to eat McGregor alive.

I just think Connor McGregor talking about fighting guys like Poirier, Chandler, Gaethje, or even other names I think he was mentioned like Makhachev, is the most illustrative example in sport of "if you stand still you are going backwards".
03-01-2023, 10:55 AM
(03-01-2023 10:49 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I get you War, I just am very dubious that the "dangerous for 1 round" McGregor even exists anymore. We have spoke before about that weight being brimmed with young killers who are deep in the grind, while Conor sits inactive getting older, less fit, less sharp.

I honestly think all that happens if he tags Chandler early is that both guys realise there and then, that Chandler can take his best, and proceeds to eat McGregor alive.

I just think Connor McGregor talking about fighting guys like Poirier, Chandler, Gaethje, or even other names I think he was mentioned like Makhachev, is the most illustrative example in sport of "if you stand still you are going backwards".

For any other top guy in the division, I’m totally with you. I wouldn’t make Conor the favorite against almost anyone at this point, including Chandler, I just think it is a more favorable matchup for him than most. I would pick Chandler to win, but would not be surprised if he got caught early.

03-01-2023, 02:11 PM
Yeah, best of a bad lot for him to face type scenario.

I also hope Chandler utterly fucks him up tbh. I have liked some aspects of McGregor over the years and given him his props here and there..... But his recent antics I find offputting. I want Chandler to beat him to a pulp. Get through 75% of the fight in humiliating, exhibition style beatdown, then knock him spark out.
06-01-2023, 09:31 AM
Not that I'm any closer to believing this fight is going to happen as TUF kicks off, BUT, If it does, I hope the bookies are generous on Chandler. Conor has absolutely lost the fucking plot and will get eaten alive at this point.

He ain't fighting again though. There's only so much cocaine the body can process.
06-02-2023, 01:36 PM
As I posted earlier, I wouldn’t make Conor the favorite. He’s passed it both physically and mentally, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a quick win over Chandler. If Chandler went in guns blazing in his usual style, it’s possible Conor catches him on the way in and plants him face down. Conor has always been a great counter puncher. When guys push in on him with no threat of a takedown, he’s very good at timing them, ala Jose Aldo.

If Chandler had any semblance of a jab (ala Poirer or Diaz) I’d feel better about him in this fight. But Chandler being Chandler, there’s always a chance he’s going to get caught.

06-02-2023, 01:55 PM
I just think the appearances I've seen of Conor in public in recent weeks speak to a De La Hoya level penchant for the Bolivian Dickhead Dust
06-04-2023, 07:54 AM
For what it’s worth, Dustin Poirier is picking McGregor to beat Chandler. As I said, I wouldn’t make him the favorite, but he’s a threat to win for about a minute thirty. His chances decrease substantially every minute thereafter. By round 2 I think his odds probably drop to zero.

10-10-2023, 11:18 AM
Conor back in the testing pool. I still don't believe we ever see him again because you know.... Cocaine is a helluva drug etc, but nonetheless, as it stands we are a step closer to this guys next humiliation IMO.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Alvarez vs Chandler EAlbian 1 2,223 11-26-2011 04:54 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)