Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fury vs Usyk
03-10-2023, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2023 05:04 PM by Snoop.)
Fury vs Usyk
Fight might be called off because Fury refusing to split the purse 50/50, thinks the HW champ holding 3 of the 4 major belts only deserves 30%.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12...al-demands

Fury is a f'n clown.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2023, 09:41 PM
RE: Fury vs Usyk
(03-10-2023 05:04 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Fight might be called off because Fury refusing to split the purse 50/50, thinks the HW champ holding 3 of the 4 major belts only deserves 30%.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12...al-demands

Fury is a f'n clown.

It doesn’t matter how many belts Usyk has. The man-god Tyson Fury is the lineal champion and the A-side of that fight, and he deserves to be paid like it.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2023, 12:37 AM
(03-10-2023 09:41 PM)Warlord Wrote:  It doesn’t matter how many belts Usyk has. The man-god Tyson Fury is the lineal champion and the A-side of that fight, and he deserves to be paid like it.

I'm not really sure how you can continue to back someone who is threatening to exchange an undisputed HW championship for a for a fight against Daniel Dubois because of money.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

03-11-2023, 03:03 AM
It would be a real shame of we don't get this fight, as far as tidying up the division goes. I don't think we have a particularly big window for it to happen.
03-11-2023, 06:28 AM
I don't give a shit about this fight at all. But Fury is obviously a bigger draw and he should get a bigger piece of the pie. 60-40 would be about as high as I would think Usyk could hope for.

I'd rather see Wilder-Joshua at Wembley.
03-11-2023, 06:43 AM
(03-11-2023 12:37 AM)Snoop Wrote:  I'm not really sure how you can continue to back someone who is threatening to exchange an undisputed HW championship for a for a fight against Daniel Dubois because of money.

There’s a difference between agreeing and understanding. Your frustration is based on the former, my response was based on the latter.

You don’t have to agree with Fury to understand him. If you’re having trouble, stop looking at the fight as a fan and look at it as a fighter. Fury wants to cash out. He doesn’t care about legacy anymore.

03-11-2023, 07:39 AM
Talk moving towards Usyk accepting the terms...... Over to you Tyson
03-11-2023, 08:14 AM
Fights done.

I don’t see how 4/29 is still possible, but that’s the goal.
03-11-2023, 03:15 PM
(03-11-2023 06:43 AM)Warlord Wrote:  There’s a difference between agreeing and understanding. Your frustration is based on the former, my response was based on the latter.

You don’t have to agree with Fury to understand him. If you’re having trouble, stop looking at the fight as a fan and look at it as a fighter. Fury wants to cash out. He doesn’t care about legacy anymore.

I understand the Money May method. Just thought Fury would be different than that. Oh well.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

03-11-2023, 04:00 PM
(03-11-2023 03:15 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I understand the Money May method. Just thought Fury would be different than that. Oh well.

Usyk has accepted Fury’s terms, so there you go. Fury gets one more legacy fight to add to his career, and he gets paid to do it.

I wouldn’t call what Fury is doing the Money May method either. Gayweather proudly made a career out of routinely avoiding the best guys while trying to maximize his paydays. Fury never avoided anyone. He’s fought the absolute best in his division with the exception of Joshua, who I think we can all agree deserves the blame for not staying undefeated long enough for that fight to happen.

I have zero issue with Fury cashing out the way he’s cashing out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury v Usyk lloyd mayflower 14 398 Today 01:42 PM
Last Post: BGv4.0
  Fury v Usyk lloyd mayflower 0 109 11-17-2023 10:00 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)