Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Usyk vs Dubois - Low blow or no?
08-28-2023, 08:05 PM
Usyk vs Dubois - Low blow or no?
Not sure how many of y'all caught the fight this weekend, but Usyk pretty much dominated the fight and won via 9th rd TKO, only there was a moment in the 5th where Dubois landed a questionable blow that was ruled low which gave Usyk up to 5-mins to recover.

Now there's a bunch of controversy saying that Dubois was robbed and should be considered the champ. Personally, I think the shot was low enough to be called low, but even if it wasn't, it's silly to assume Usyk would have stayed down had the ref started counting instead of ruling it low.

Thoughts?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2023, 02:09 AM
RE: Usyk vs Dubois - Low blow or no?
Yep I fully agree on both points. It's low for me. Low enough to be called. Which the ref did immediately. Its not like some fix where he looked at Usyk and thought' oh shit what about our fix...."

And again, yeah the idea that Usyk doesn't respond differently and is definitely KOd on the ground were the ref to start counting is absolutely for morons.
Find all posts by this user
08-29-2023, 12:23 PM
It wasn't low in my eyes. Right on the beltline...

Id think if the Ref counted, Usyk would've been able to continue... but I dont think it was TOO LOW.. I think it was more the Refs angle and Usyks reaction that sold it as low.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2023, 12:46 PM
There's absolutely no controversy though. There's nothing wrong with the ref calling that low. You might argue either way with replays but the fact that there's still an argument then shows that there's really not much if anything wrong with the refs call.

For me, there's a still of Dubois glove landing and the bottom portion of it at least is probably hitting the pubic bone. That's to be called low every time.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)