Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Saudi Mega Card
11-15-2023, 03:56 AM
Saudi Mega Card
What does everyone make of the proposed December 23rd Saudi mega card?

Apart from my disappointment at Wilder & Joshua not fighting each other it actually has me pretty pumped.

All we need is for boxing megastar Jake Paul to be added to the card and we are complete.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2023, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2023 02:06 PM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Saudi Mega Card
This is the best card we've seen in a while. Good on the Saudis for making this magic happen. Hopefully the 2 Co-Main eventers are using this as a build up to their inevitable clash.

I found the press conference to be extremely interesting. The obvious fear for just Wilders presence, the tension in the air was palpable. Meanwhile the complete opposite for AJ, all laughs and giggles and absolutely no respect from the other HWs. All these guys were chirping at each other the whole time but as soon as Wilder got on the mic and started calmly explaining how much he enjoys disconnecting peoples consciousness from their bodies, it was DEAD QUIET and everyone looked absolutely petrified. LMAO
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-18-2023, 01:52 AM
(11-17-2023 02:05 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  This is the best card we've seen in a while. Good on the Saudis for making this magic happen. Hopefully the 2 Co-Main eventers are using this as a build up to their inevitable clash.

I found the press conference to be extremely interesting. The obvious fear for just Wilders presence, the tension in the air was palpable. Meanwhile the complete opposite for AJ, all laughs and giggles and absolutely no respect from the other HWs. All these guys were chirping at each other the whole time but as soon as Wilder got on the mic and started calmly explaining how much he enjoys disconnecting peoples consciousness from their bodies, it was DEAD QUIET and everyone looked absolutely petrified. LMAO

For me this may be the best card I've ever seen. I remember Don King putting on a card once, was it the card that Hopkins beat Trinidad on? I think it had like 3 or 4 world title fights. While there may not be a ton of belts on the line for this card it is fucking stacked with great match-ups.

I thought Miller when he spoke to AJ about Wilder putting him in the grave, it's like Joshua's soul left his body, LOL.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-19-2023, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2023 07:20 PM by JONdaCON.)
Miller exposed AJ IMO. He broke him mentally.. AJ was all smiles till Miller destroyed him on the mic, AJs demeanor completely changed to the point where he even got mad at the host, snapped at him and demanded Eddie give him softball questions..

He may have known he didn't bring the fear Wilder brought, but I think he was caught off guard by the difference in Respect... I mean he was even being heckled from the Audience. Lol. Ironically the person who showed him the most respect was Wilder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2023, 11:06 AM
Miller can definitely talk. He should be able to talk himself into a megafight.

I can't think of a worse place to see a fight than Saudi Arabia. Boxing doesn't feel like the kind of sport where you pay $500 for a seat in the rafters so you can watch it sober.
11-26-2023, 06:54 PM
This card sucks. Fights in Saudi suck.
11-29-2023, 04:29 AM
I like the card, it's stacked. Way more stacked than anything we've seen in recent years.

12-20-2023, 08:38 PM
Sanchez/Fa, Sanchez by KO
Hrgovic/DeMori, Hrgovic by KO
Opetaia/Zorro Opetaia by KO
Makhmudov/Kabayel (No real idea so I'll go Makhmudov by KO)
Bivol/Arthur, Bivol by UD
Dubois/Miller, Miller by KO (but may end up being disqualified later for testing dirty.)
Wilder/Parker, Wilder by KO
Wallin/Joshua, Wallin by KO

Lets see how we go.

12-21-2023, 03:25 AM
Wallin by KO is a bold, but potentially incredibly funny possibility.
That said, I want AJ to win because I want him v Wilder to be the end of the road.
12-21-2023, 03:39 PM
Miller is +225 to win.

Kind of interesting given that Dubois is coming off the Usyk KO in August. I've never seen Dubois fight, but Miller is a tough guy - depending on his biochemistry. I'm wondering how much of those odds have to do with the fact that Dubois, having fought Usyk, is more well known.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)