Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Dawson Has The Style...
10-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Method Wrote:My thing, Romulus, is Joe Calzaghe...hell, EVERY BODY's work rate has been cut in half, if not more.  Chad ain't known for work rate.  So suddenly he's gonna step it up?

We'll see.

I still cant get over the fact that Chad thinks he only got hit clean 5-6 times by Pascal up to the time of the stoppage.  WTF?
Agreed, I said something similar to Scully. That's why I said that every gameplan is an ideal situation. That extra step one way or another, preferably right, is what will make the difference if the extra distance is gained and maintained. That's huge. You just can't stay lined up straight on with Hopkins. That's not only going to get you beat, it's just stupid.

Scully's biggest battle is keeping Chad's head in the game tonight. IF Chad stays with it mentally and IF Chad carries out the gameplan they've designed (part of which was relayed in my post, part of the post was my additional notes that I talked to Iceman about), I think he wins. If he gets right into Hopkins' world, it's over before it starts.

(For the record, I had Hopkins over Calzaghe 115-112.)

In my opinion, what will get Chad's head out of the game is if he throws and doesn't land as much as he THINKS he should be. Just keep going. Refuse to stop. Throw 80 or 90 a round and make Hopkins answer. Don't sit and pout and change everything after 3 rounds because it's not going the way you think it should, even if no one else thinks that way. THAT is Dawson's biggest weakness.

Yeah, the thing about 5-6 clean shots in 11 rounds. Right, Chad. Watch the tape.

For the record, the 80-90 thing is just me talking. I seriously doubt we'll EVER see him throw like that in a round with regularity. But 30-40 won't cut it either. Hopkins can go 20 rounds if he controls his pace and yours!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Has Chad EVER thrown 80-90 per round? That's a genuine question. Not cynicism.
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
During Judge's instruction Chad looks like he is still alseep! lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Method Wrote:Has Chad EVER thrown 80-90 per round? That's a genuine question. Not cynicism.
Exactly. It ain't happening. But, like I said at the end, 30 won't cut it either. B-Hop can fight 20 rounds like that. He has to throw like he hasn't thrown before or he'll get picked apart and be totally reliant on a one-shot miracle that's not likely to come.

It's a very winnable fight for Chad but not for the Chad that we've seen before. There has to be a few things that aren't status quo for him.

I'll give him one thing. He was more offensive against Diaconu than he had been in the past, and he was FAR more offensive minded with Scully the first time around than he was any time after that until Steward. So that's a positive for him.
10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
And, might I add, this thread alone already feels like the good ol' days have returned.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)