THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Canelo vs Lara - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Canelo vs Lara (/showthread.php?tid=1330)

Pages: 1 2

Canelo vs Lara - and the NEW - 04-26-2014 12:53 AM

Who wins?

I got Canelo at this point, but only slightly and he will have to be prepared to take some shots and pressure Lara hard, something he didn't do against Mayweather.

But Lara has struggled with some of the right handers, like Molina, Angulo and Martirosyan. He doesn't seem to handle them as easily as he does the southpaws like Trout and Williams.

I'm still not sure how Canelo will handle a top level southpaw at 154lbs, he only inched by Trout, but that fight could have been totally different without that BS open scoring rule.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - TheFonz - 04-26-2014 08:23 AM

I'll be rooting for Lara but I think the Ginger will win on points.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - the ollie reed fan club - 04-26-2014 09:07 AM

I think/hope Canelo has learned a lot from the Floyd fight. He should win this fight.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - BrotherCane - 04-27-2014 12:33 AM

I took Lara!

RE: Canelo vs Lara - Fitz - 04-27-2014 07:21 AM

I was indecisive for a while, but as time goes I am going with Canelo. Lara has been in plenty of solid fights, and has always came up short (whether his fault or not). I think Canelo looked excellent in his last fight and will be a bit too powerful for him. Lara to fall short again in a big fight, and this will no doubt be his biggest.
He will be very live in there though and has the style to give Canelo bog problems. I just can't look past his history of coming up short in his big fights though.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - the ollie reed fan club - 04-27-2014 07:38 AM

(04-27-2014 07:21 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I was indecisive for a while, but as time goes I am going with Canelo. Lara has been in plenty of solid fights, and has always came up short (whether his fault or not). I think Canelo looked excellent in his last fight and will be a bit too powerful for him. Lara to fall short again in a big fight, and this will no doubt be his biggest.
He will be very live in there though and has the style to give Canelo bog problems. I just can't look past his history of coming up short in his big fights though.

Give Canelo bog problems? You really think he has the ability to make Canelo shit himself? Big call buddy.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - lloyd mayflower - 04-27-2014 08:28 AM

What an ability that would be....

RE: Canelo vs Lara - KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN - 04-27-2014 07:58 PM

I got Canelo by stoppage. Angulo was able to crowd and land big shots on Lara. Canelo is just as strong, and he is quicker than Angulo. Unless Lara can hurt Canelo (which is possible), Canelo is going to walk him down with a stiff jab and cut the ring off. That jab will blind Lara, and those hard right hands will do damage. Lara impressed me vs Trout, but Canelo really seems to be hitting his prime. He learned a lot from the Mayweather and Trout fights and I think he can handle a solid boxer better now.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - jlupi - 04-30-2014 04:50 PM

(04-27-2014 07:58 PM)KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:  He learned a lot from the Mayweather and Trout fights and I think he can handle a solid boxer better now.

he lost every second of the MW fan and looked like he could be hurt by a guy not known for hurting people. Im unsure if the Angulo fight shows he improved against good boxers so Im going w lara.

RE: Canelo vs Lara - salvador - 04-30-2014 08:37 PM

God Bless Canelo and GB for taking this fight.

A real MEXICAN!