Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Canelo
Lara
[Show Results]

Canelo vs Lara
04-26-2014, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 12:55 AM by and the NEW.)
Canelo vs Lara
Who wins?

I got Canelo at this point, but only slightly and he will have to be prepared to take some shots and pressure Lara hard, something he didn't do against Mayweather.

But Lara has struggled with some of the right handers, like Molina, Angulo and Martirosyan. He doesn't seem to handle them as easily as he does the southpaws like Trout and Williams.

I'm still not sure how Canelo will handle a top level southpaw at 154lbs, he only inched by Trout, but that fight could have been totally different without that BS open scoring rule.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Canelo vs Lara
I'll be rooting for Lara but I think the Ginger will win on points.

04-26-2014, 09:07 AM
I think/hope Canelo has learned a lot from the Floyd fight. He should win this fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-27-2014, 12:33 AM
I took Lara!
04-27-2014, 07:21 AM
I was indecisive for a while, but as time goes I am going with Canelo. Lara has been in plenty of solid fights, and has always came up short (whether his fault or not). I think Canelo looked excellent in his last fight and will be a bit too powerful for him. Lara to fall short again in a big fight, and this will no doubt be his biggest.
He will be very live in there though and has the style to give Canelo bog problems. I just can't look past his history of coming up short in his big fights though.
04-27-2014, 07:38 AM
(04-27-2014 07:21 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I was indecisive for a while, but as time goes I am going with Canelo. Lara has been in plenty of solid fights, and has always came up short (whether his fault or not). I think Canelo looked excellent in his last fight and will be a bit too powerful for him. Lara to fall short again in a big fight, and this will no doubt be his biggest.
He will be very live in there though and has the style to give Canelo bog problems. I just can't look past his history of coming up short in his big fights though.

Give Canelo bog problems? You really think he has the ability to make Canelo shit himself? Big call buddy.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-27-2014, 08:28 AM
What an ability that would be....
04-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I got Canelo by stoppage. Angulo was able to crowd and land big shots on Lara. Canelo is just as strong, and he is quicker than Angulo. Unless Lara can hurt Canelo (which is possible), Canelo is going to walk him down with a stiff jab and cut the ring off. That jab will blind Lara, and those hard right hands will do damage. Lara impressed me vs Trout, but Canelo really seems to be hitting his prime. He learned a lot from the Mayweather and Trout fights and I think he can handle a solid boxer better now.
04-30-2014, 04:50 PM
(04-27-2014 07:58 PM)KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:  He learned a lot from the Mayweather and Trout fights and I think he can handle a solid boxer better now.

he lost every second of the MW fan and looked like he could be hurt by a guy not known for hurting people. Im unsure if the Angulo fight shows he improved against good boxers so Im going w lara.
04-30-2014, 08:37 PM
God Bless Canelo and GB for taking this fight.

A real MEXICAN!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo vs Lara revisited and the NEW 5 3,680 06-15-2015 02:10 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara PPV TheTeddyBear 132 96,814 08-08-2014 12:33 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Canelo Vs Lara - Live Streams Vids boxingcritic 0 1,677 07-11-2014 06:05 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)