THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. (/showthread.php?tid=2667)

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Snoop - 06-18-2017 10:44 AM

(06-18-2017 01:44 AM)Spyder Wrote:  Yeah, that's why I used it as the comparison point. That's the price point that I expect to see this fight sold at.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that boxing PPVs aren't usually more than MMA PPVs, and that May/Pac was a jump in price for boxing fans as well, so this fight shouldn't break the bank for MMA fans (Ollie's original question).

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 06-18-2017 02:38 PM

I think the Floyd/Pac fight taking so long to materialize hurt the numbers. And with this fight they're pulling from the boxing fan base, mma fans and casual fans.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Spyder - 06-18-2017 07:20 PM

(06-18-2017 02:38 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  I think the Floyd/Pac fight taking so long to materialize hurt the numbers. And with this fight they're pulling from the boxing fan base, mma fans and casual fans.
I would've thought that, but 4.6 million kind of proved that false. By comparison, Lewis-Tyson generated 1.95 million in the US.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 06-19-2017 03:53 PM

To be fair Tyson would be doing Floyd/Pac numbers with nobodies right now.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - blackbelt2003 - 06-20-2017 04:03 AM

Imagine what Tyson vs Spinks would do right now on PPV. Or Tyson-Holy.

Black

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - ViperSniper - 06-20-2017 04:35 AM

Or even Tyson-McNeerley

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - BrutalBodyShots - 06-20-2017 10:08 PM

Doesn't matter if it's a 10 or 12 rounder. McGregor has never gone more than 25 minutes, which in boxing is 6.3 rounds. We all know that Mayweather has gone more than that a million times. McGregor will be gassed after 3-4 rounds (if he makes it that far) and Mayweather will be making him look like Gatti about that time.

Actually, now that I say that, I think Mayweather-McGregor will most resemble Mayweather-Gatti if I think back to all of Mayweather's fights.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - JONdaCON - 06-20-2017 11:13 PM

That's all ive been saying... this will look EXACTLY like Gatti.. except with a KO.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - the ollie reed fan club - 06-21-2017 01:48 AM

I don't think it resemble the Gatti fight, Connor will make Gatti look like Willie Pep by the time Floyd has finished with him.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - and the NEW - 06-21-2017 07:16 AM

(06-20-2017 10:08 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Doesn't matter if it's a 10 or 12 rounder.

Just saw Espinoza say it is 12 rounds.

Floyd didn't want to look like a bitch for making Connor go below 154, and vice-versa, Connor didn't want to look like a bitch for going fewer than 12 rounds. Floyd by KO increases dramatically!