THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. (/showthread.php?tid=2667)

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - and the NEW - 08-04-2017 08:02 AM

(08-03-2017 11:56 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Not a good look. McGregor busting up Paulie in sparring. I understand Paulie is out of shape, retired and smaller..but if this is true then it's STILL not good if it's true. Based on most logic McGregor shouldn't have been able to do this to a former world champion boxer.. It would be cool to see Mayweather get a 1st round KO..quicker the better would be kinda funny

He didn't bust up Paulie. According to Paulie he beat up McGregor. I don't doubt it. Every account from the people who were there (all Mcgregor's people and Joe Cortez who is also on the payroll) said it was back and forth and intense, which is pretty embarssing for Conor. Imagine that fat, out of shape Paulie at this stage of his career sparring Mayweather three weeks out from the fight, it would be an absolute clinic. McGregor just posted pictures of Paulie on the ground after he pushed Paulie over, WTF is that behaviour. McGregor camp insiders also said he was saying that he was going to fight Paulie and never had any intention of sparring cleanly or trying to learn.

McGregor is going to be made to look like a fool by Floyd. I also don't doubt McGregor will have a second knock at boxing once his UFC contract is up. By then Canelo will probably be the biggest draw, and he will lay McGregor out cold. That's if the beatdown from Mayweather doesn't ruin him first.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - blackbelt2003 - 08-04-2017 12:59 PM

I agree with all of that...but wonder why you think McGregor would take a 2nd run at boxing? He clearly doesn't like the sport and regards it as inferior to MMA, and will reduce his earning potential by being schooled in two weeks, so I'm struggling to see how he wouldn't turn his tail and slink back to MMA?

Black

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Dickagon - 08-04-2017 03:14 PM

He'll retire if he's smart. Nothing to prove in either sport and he'll have plenty of money.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Warlord - 08-04-2017 06:24 PM

Win or lose I don't see how or why he'd ever go back to fighting for $2 million a fight, at best, in the UFC.

The only way I see him ever fighting again is if he beats Floyd and accepts a rematch as the A-side. I doubt that happens, though, so fully expect him to retire (for awhile) after this massive payday.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Imperius3 - 08-04-2017 07:22 PM

Paulie is going off on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Method - 08-04-2017 08:41 PM

Paulie's going off everywhere. Its his own damn fault for putting himself in the situation. He was talking shit earlier about how easy it would be too. I don't doubt Paulie could get his grove on vs Conor, but from Paulie's own account it was back n forth. That's a long way from tying one hand behind your back. tying your feet, propping your chin up, etc, as he was boasting before. Paulie getting clowned for putting himself in the circus.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - and the NEW - 08-05-2017 03:04 AM

(08-04-2017 12:59 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I agree with all of that...but wonder why you think McGregor would take a 2nd run at boxing? He clearly doesn't like the sport and regards it as inferior to MMA, and will reduce his earning potential by being schooled in two weeks, so I'm struggling to see how he wouldn't turn his tail and slink back to MMA?

Black

Because McGregor's followers are like a cult. He will still draw big numbers, even after it is proved he is inferior. And he will get a lot more money in boxing than UFC. He will only go back to fulfill the rest of his contract IMO, then he will be free to do what he wants and he will get paid a lot more by boxing promotors.

(08-04-2017 08:41 PM)Method Wrote:  Paulie's going off everywhere. Its his own damn fault for putting himself in the situation. He was talking shit earlier about how easy it would be too. I don't doubt Paulie could get his grove on vs Conor, but from Paulie's own account it was back n forth. That's a long way from tying one hand behind your back. tying your feet, propping your chin up, etc, as he was boasting before. Paulie getting clowned for putting himself in the circus.

Yeah, he was obviously talking total shit before that. But he never disrespected Conor in any of the interviews after sparring. He said it was close, until Conor's team came out with the pics (Conor's team did the same to Van Heerden after his sparring session, unfortunately for them, Chris had his own footage and released it), then he openly said he beat Conor's ass. The truth is probably somewhere in between. I doubt Paulie could beat anybody's ass at this point. He is a fat, feather fisted, washed up, mouth. Unfortunately for Conor, that is about where his boxing skills top out.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - ViperSniper - 08-05-2017 10:42 AM

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Method - 08-05-2017 11:33 AM

I'm not dogging or hating on Paulie either. I like him as an announcer/commentator/analyst.

I'm just saying, its his own fault for involving himself in this circus of a production.

RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers. - Imperius3 - 08-05-2017 12:05 PM

I feel like the interest in this fight is already starting to wane.

There are reportedly still many tickets available, and hotels in Vegas aren't sold out.

I think my prediction will be right -- this fight ain't breaking PPV records.