Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
03-19-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Lloyd Mayflowers Fight Thread
Lloyd if you can learn one thing from the current state of boxing it's that you need to get your head in the fucking game.

Whenever your opponent is announced you need to automatically claim they use steroids and demand Olympic style testing. Wait on the fight until they submit to the demands. Hopefully they suffer a career ending ko during that time. Whenever theyre washed up and desperate for money they'll sign to fight you. Next step is your leverage your fame into paying off the ref and judges to maintain your marketability for ppvs. If you can go 12 rounds you'll win it easy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Our set up had headguards and 16oz gloves. We provided the kit on fight night but most preferred to get their own.

Virtually no damage can be done with novices wearing headguards and 16oz gloves. There's more risk of them tripping up getting in the ring than injuring themselves in the fight. 99.5% of the fights go the distance.

Black
03-19-2019, 05:01 PM
That will be the set up here Black. One tging that worries me is the over cautiousness of Refs. For good reason maybe I need to be busier than I am naturally because on youtube I see them throwing counts around like its nothing.
03-20-2019, 05:48 AM
Yeah, definitely be aware that they'd stop a fight more prematurely than a pro fight on TV, and standing counts are common as soon as a ref thinks a fighter is stunned or slightly wobbled. It's all about safety and keeping it going as most WC boxers are middle aged novices doing something out of the ordinary to get away from their desk jobs for eight weeks :-)

Just keep a good work rate going and dont wait for the perfect punch. Whilst you're setting up a beautiful counter left hook the judges see the other guy throw five shitty jabs and cuffing right hands and score to him.

In white collar work rate and fitness are king!

Black
03-27-2019, 06:56 AM
Well its fight week lads. I have received my custom made ring shorts with my 2 girls names on the front and back so I can at least look like a fighter until the first bell.

Last training session tonight then weigh in and discover opponent on Friday. Probably go for a run tomorrow then that will be me. Just rest up and be ready. Not sure when the video of the fight will go on youtube but you boys will be first to get the link.
03-30-2019, 02:47 AM
Fight day is here fuckers. Opponent was discovered lastnight. Despite me still carrying a little bit more timber than I would like, my fitness has improved a lot and this other guy has slacked off a bit. Never got the chance to spar witg him but I dont tgink hes as good as I am. Truth be told theres a little part of me that feels slightly disappointed because I am unsire if I will get a tear ip or not.

They trainers claim to have matched us evenly though so hopefully thats the case.

Mayflower TKO 2 IMO
03-30-2019, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2019 08:24 PM by ViperSniper.)
Good luck Lloyd! Remember alll the advice I've given you!!

But really..all the best man!
03-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Good luck, Lloyd. Don’t get your cunt head knocked off.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-30-2019, 02:21 PM
If all else fails, BITE EM.

Good lucc Brother.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2019, 08:03 PM
I hope you had Braveheart on constant loop this week Lloyd. By the time fo writing this I'm confident you will have pulled out the win and even if you lose what a tremendous experience for you.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)