Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
05-03-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(05-03-2016 11:01 PM)Spyder Wrote:  It is fascinating. I was pretty shocked that Cruz dropped out. Seems like the rest of the way will be a formality now for Trump until the convention.

Whoa! Just seen Cruz has waved the white flag, I did not see that coming. Looks like it's coming down to a Trump/Clinton shootout. Can't wait.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 11:35 PM
It is going to get real ugly, real quick.

The great unknown is who Trump will pick as a running mate. 2-3 months ago Cruz looked like the sure bet, but I don't think that he can put the campaign behind him...nor will the GOP want a Trump/Cruz ticket. They'll try their best to inject one of their own in there. Any thoughts?

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2016, 11:42 PM
(05-03-2016 11:35 PM)Spyder Wrote:  It is going to get real ugly, real quick.

The great unknown is who Trump will pick as a running mate. 2-3 months ago Cruz looked like the sure bet, but I don't think that he can put the campaign behind him...nor will the GOP want a Trump/Cruz ticket. They'll try their best to inject one of their own in there. Any thoughts?

Chris Christie I would have thought? And yes I understand that Christie is also from the same sort of area as Trump but I don't think he gives a fuck.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-04-2016, 02:25 AM
I think he's gonna tap Christie to run the Justice Department. He's spoken about his respect for Christie as a prosecutor a few times.

I'm not convinced that it's going to be one of the original 17 candidates.

05-04-2016, 03:05 AM
(05-04-2016 02:25 AM)Spyder Wrote:  I think he's gonna tap Christie to run the Justice Department. He's spoken about his respect for Christie as a prosecutor a few times.

I'm not convinced that it's going to be one of the original 17 candidates.

Maybe he could run an Apprentice style reality show to find a running mate. That would be the bomb.

05-04-2016, 09:23 AM
I really hope that Cruz stands his ground and refuses to endorse Trump.

One of my favorite things Jim Lampley ever said was about Mayorga in his win over Vernon Forrest (I believe): "It was the vinegar in his punches!"

The idea of a really bitter Ted Cruz brooding around the Senate plotting his revenge is amusing.

Maybe Trump will put him on the Supreme court next January just to get rid of him. THAT WOULD MAKE THE EVANGELICALS VERY HAPPY and Cruz would take it in a heartbeat.
05-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I can see The Donald putting Cruz in The Court too. Seems like a natural selection to succeed Scalia.

05-04-2016, 10:18 AM
(05-04-2016 03:05 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Maybe he could run an Apprentice style reality show to find a running mate. That would be the bomb.
I think that he's been doing that off camera already.

05-04-2016, 10:31 AM
(05-04-2016 10:16 AM)Spyder Wrote:  I can see The Donald putting Cruz in The Court too. Seems like a natural selection to succeed Scalia.

And if, somehow, Trump makes it 4 years without having to nominate anyone else to the supreme court (assuming Ginsburg, at 83, lives 4 more years), then Trump can expect the bible beaters to support him in 2020.

And then Trump can put rational people on the court in his second term so that the republicans aren't blamed for overturning Roe vs Wade. And by "rational" I mean "Christians who believe in the golden rule, but who don't believe that Moses literally parted the Red Sea."
05-04-2016, 10:48 AM
You're wasting your time on hypotheticals. Indiana just handed Killary the Whitehouse.

Trump is trailing Hillary badly in Florida. Ohio. Even Utah. Georgia is in play... for the Democrats.

I want Trump to beat Hillary. But he won't. Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)