Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Orlando Salido: 126 lbs. vs.Mikey Garcia: 125.6 lbs.
01-20-2013, 01:35 AM
The Burgos-Martinez fight was a nice fight. Even though I felt that Burgos deserved the win, I didn't think it was as one sided as the commentators made out to be. I would like to see a rematch for that one.

Golovkin looked good to me against a tough and determined Rosario. GGG really does remind me of Chavez in that he is very accurate with hard punches, and he doesn't have to land all that much to bust a guy's face up. It's going to take a bad mofo with skills to derail the GGG train.

Garcia really impressed me tonight. He showed great accuracy and defense early on, though late in the fight he was getting tagged a little more. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened in the championship rounds, but there is no doubt that Garcia had won almost all the rounds ( I mean you could have been generous and given Salido one of them) and he wasn't fading all that bad, he was simply slowing down a bit.

wonder who will be next for Garcia. Chris John is very skilled, but would he be willing to travel outside of Indonesia for a big fight? Last 2 times that he did he almost got stopped by Rocky Juarez. Ponce De Leon is also in the division but he's too wide and crude, which leads me to believe that the fight would be similar to JML-De Leon. There's also Johnny Gonzalez and Billy Dib, but I'm pretty sure that at this point Garcia wants a big fight that would get him the most money, hence why he called Gamboa out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:The Burgos-Martinez fight was a nice fight. Even though I felt that Burgos deserved the win, I didn't think it was as one sided as the commentators made out to be. I would like to see a rematch for that one.

Golovkin looked good to me against a tough and determined Rosario. GGG really does remind me of Chavez in that he is very accurate with hard punches, and he doesn't have to land all that much to bust a guy's face up. It's going to take a bad mofo with skills to derail the GGG train.

Garcia really impressed me tonight. He showed great accuracy and defense early on, though late in the fight he was getting tagged a little more. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened in the championship rounds, but there is no doubt that Garcia had won almost all the rounds ( I mean you could have been generous and given Salido one of them) and he wasn't fading all that bad, he was simply slowing down a bit.

wonder who will be next for Garcia. Chris John is very skilled, but would he be willing to travel outside of Indonesia for a big fight? Last 2 times that he did he almost got stopped by Rocky Juarez. Ponce De Leon is also in the division but he's too wide and crude, which leads me to believe that the fight would be similar to JML-De Leon. There's also Johnny Gonzalez and Billy Dib, but I'm pretty sure that at this point Garcia wants a big fight that would get him the most money, hence why he called Gamboa out.
Garcia could also fight Donaire...Rigondeaux....Mares! They are close enough to not even worry about catch weights!
01-20-2013, 02:01 AM
BrotherCane Wrote:
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:The Burgos-Martinez fight was a nice fight. Even though I felt that Burgos deserved the win, I didn't think it was as one sided as the commentators made out to be. I would like to see a rematch for that one.

Garcia could also fight Donaire...Rigondeaux....Mares! They are close enough to not even worry about catch weights!
Yeah I didn't think about him fighting guys from 122, though I don't think he'd fight Donaire since they are both trained by Robert Garcia.
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Garcia was very impressive. He is not you stereotype Mexican fighter, he boxes and can pick his shots well. I really like how he used his jab, it's long and uses his height to his advantage (he does look pretty long to me for a 126 guy). He looks very composed in the ring as well. Impressive from Garcia.
That said, I felt in the last 2 rounds, Salido was working his way into the fight (not on the scorecards), and appeared to be getting stronger, and landing more than he had previously. He was still a long way to go, but his last couple of rounds were probably his best.

Golovkin was impressive as well. I like his presence in the middleweight division, and definitely another fighter that could challenge the middleweight king.
Then you have Geale as well that could be a nice unification fight, Chavez Jr as well in there. There's some pretty good fights to be made at 160, and with Canelo only a division below. Quillin also, still needing to find out if he is a champ or chump. The middleweight divisions future at least looks exciting.
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Golovkin kinda reminds me of the early 90's George Foreman. He's so calm and relentless, and has the ability to shake up his opponent with anything that touches them. He also seems well schooled at cutting of the ring - a product of all those amateur fights. He makes his opponent expend more energy than him every single round.

He's not flawless. He can be tagged, so it'll be interesting to see what his beard is like as his level of comp hopefully goes up. But Rosado was as game as they come, and Golovkin straight up butchered him.
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Garcia is probably my favorite up and coming fighter. he's professional, he comes to fight and you can tell he's put a lot of work in at the gym. not only that but he's one thing that separates him from a lot of fighters right now. when he called Gamboa out i believe him, with most other guys it's the same old shit. they say their the best in the division, call some cat out they've no interest in fighting and then say they've to sit down with their people and find somebody to fight. if they fight i'm gonna go watch it live.
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
A couple guys who worked for K2 were sitting behind me and they said Golovkin was a lot more ill than they were letting on. He was sick as a dog and in bed on Thursday.
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Super impressed by Garcia in this fight... the kid is deff dangerous. I loved that sneaky lead hook he was throwing... Golovkin was another that impressed with his relentless, calm, pursuit of his opponent, man that jab alone looked heavy as hell. i enjoyed this card alot more then expected.. i think its great when a decent card over delivers..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I was also really impressed with Garcia. I didn't expect him to outbox Salido like that. With that said, it did appear Salido was coming on in those late rounds, and I would have loved to have seen how Garcia would have stood up in the championship rounds against a guy who doesn't stop coming. I doubt there would be a rematch, but hopefully they keep feeding Garcia tough opponents, and that we'll get to see how he reacts in a tough fight in the late rounds.

It was a good card overall. I thought Burgos was robbed against Martinez, and I had that fight 116-112 Burgos. Nobody gets credit for good body work anymore, and that's what Burgos was doing the whole fight. He dominated the action, and Martinez didn't want any of that. Glovokin also looked good in his victory. Rosado is one tough dude, and he took some huge shots and never stopped coming forward. He'd be best served going back down to 154. Hopefully that fight doesn't impact his ranking at 154, as I'd love to see him and K-9 fight. Rosado looks like a way better fighter than when he fought Angulo on FNF awhile back. I think he could be champ at 154, and hopefully he'll get a shot.
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Garcia vs John would be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Both are counter punchers. But they are probably the best 2 in the division. Either way, won't happen, John would rather feed on chumps around the Oceania region.

Garcia has to be one of the biggest punchers in boxing right now. A beast. So sharp. His workrate would let him down though, he doesn't pick it up much. That said, I've seen him sparring with Rios and holds his own fine, so I imagine he can take the heat when it comes.

Golovkin. What a machine. He, Geale and Martinez are the guys I want to see fight. No idea WTF Martinez is doing fighting all these other second tier middleweights for, although Murray is decent.

When it's all said and done though, I think Golovkin will come out on top at 160. He and Geale will be a fire fight though. Geale is at least just as strong as Golovkin and cagey himself. Only difference is Golovkin carries more power. Golovkin will stop Martinez in brutal fashion by the 8th or 9th.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mikey Garcia - Sandor Martin JD 11 746 10-20-2021 08:51 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Mikey Garcia-Erik Morales on May 18th in a 4 round exhibition... ViperSniper 1 367 04-11-2019 12:21 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Mikey Garcia is free agent JONdaCON 16 9,119 05-13-2016 11:35 PM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)