Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donaire vs Rigondeaux a done deal
02-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:The one thing I don't hope this fight turns into is a snooze fest where Donaire's speed and counter punching forces Rigondeaux to stay in his shell, like Omar Navarez. DOnaire has that uncanny ability to Roy Jones' guys.
Yeh, this is something you don't hear people talk about much with Donaire. But his athletacism is just absolutely superior to the guys around him. Hence he does "Roy Jones' guys".

That said, Rigo doesn't have the same defence as Narvaez who could lock his hands in very tight. Rigo uses his footwork to counter and move, he is not a 'shell' type fighter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2013, 01:08 AM
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/02/24/...below-belt

Quote:MANILA, Philippines - Guillermo Rigondeaux is no different from the others. He?s confident and cocky, and he loves to trash talk.

After his April 13 unification fight with Nonito Donaire Jr. was announced the other day in New York, the Cuban defector and now resident of Miami quickly got the ball rolling.

He took a verbal swing at Donaire, the reigning WBO super-bantamweight champion who earned the 2012 Fighter of the Year award by winning all his four fights last year.

Rigondeaux, the WBA champion, said he could have beaten all of Donaire?s latest victims ? Wilfredo Vasquez Jr., Jeffrey Mathebula, Toshiaki Nishioka and Jorge Arce.

In one day.

The gold medalist in the 2000 and 2004 Olympics told boxing radio program ?The Boxing Voice? that Donaire hasn?t fought anyone like him in the past.

And that everything will change on April 13 at the Radio City Music Hall in New York.

?I?m going to be the best at 122 lbs after this. They made his career easy. He fights retire(d) people. His last four opponents come on!? Rigondeaux said.

?The Asian one can?t see. Arce was an old lady at the time he fought him. If they gave me his last four opponents, I?ll beat them in one day,? he added.

Rigondeaux was of course referring to Nishioka of Japan who was knocked out by Donaire inside nine rounds last October in Carson, California.

?My pure talent is how I am going to beat him. I?m going to put it on him. He doesn?t know how to beat me. It?s going to be my little present for 2013. They?re underestimating me. I?m a better boxer than him and I hit just as hard.?

Donaire did not retaliate but his pregnant wife Rachel had something to say.

?I never had morning sickness but I am disgusted by the racism Rigo is showing towards Asians,? said Donaire?s wife on her Twitter account.

?I really hope @filipinoflash (Donaire) KO?s him cold. Then we?ll see what his vision is like...,? said one of the Filipino boxer?s followers on Twitter, Zarar Mohammed.

Before the fight was officially announced, there was a standoff after Donaire said he won?t sign the contract unless Rigondeaux submitted to drug testing under VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency).

Rigondeaux said he wants the tests done by USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency).

At one point, chief promoter Bob Arum thought of calling it off. Then both boxers seemingly agreed to do both tests, and the fight was announced.

Tickets go on sale starting today.

lol
02-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Lol Rigo trolling....lol

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
02-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Is the fight on or not?
02-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Granted, Rigondeaux hasn't been nearly active enough to start his career, but he hasn't lost in a decade. Freddie Roach was extremely impressed with him. He just might back up the shit that he's talking.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Donaire (A grade pro) vs Rigondeaux (2x Olympic Gold Medal jackal) and the NEW 131 88,020 04-22-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: BigG
  Donaire vs Arce/Rigondeaux vs Poonsawat? Fitz 8 6,041 11-09-2012 10:21 PM
Last Post: Fitz
  Donaire to Rigondeaux, Mares: 'I will get to you after M Fitz 2 2,804 07-05-2012 06:55 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)