What should Ward do from here?
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM
JD Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:I can't believe how much respect you guys are giving Chavez.
It's not really respect...it's just that I can't see Floyd beating a cruiserweight.
The size difference would be less than it was for Roy Jones vs John Ruiz. The skill difference would be wider, and the fight could be shorter.
On fight night Roy and Ruiz were 25 pounds apart...I think it would be about the same with Floyd and JCC Jr on lighter guys.

Roy was able to get Ruiz's respect in there, I don't think Floyd would have the same ability.
You know, Floyd doesn't commit to the body anywhere near the same as Roy did in his career, but I think if he did in this fight that he could get a late round stoppage.
I wouldn't hate seeing him try...but in doing so he will be there to be hit.
I still think that you have exceeded your limit of respect allowed to JCC jr. You are talking about him like he is a "real" fighter.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:
JD Wrote:
It's not really respect...it's just that I can't see Floyd beating a cruiserweight.
The size difference would be less than it was for Roy Jones vs John Ruiz. The skill difference would be wider, and the fight could be shorter.
On fight night Roy and Ruiz were 25 pounds apart...I think it would be about the same with Floyd and JCC Jr on lighter guys.

Roy was able to get Ruiz's respect in there, I don't think Floyd would have the same ability.
You know, Floyd doesn't commit to the body anywhere near the same as Roy did in his career, but I think if he did in this fight that he could get a late round stoppage.
I wouldn't hate seeing him try...but in doing so he will be there to be hit.
I still think that you have exceeded your limit of respect allowed to JCC jr. You are talking about him like he is a "real" fighter.
I think he is somewhat real. He can take a hell of a punch, keeps coming forward, and has decent enough power that is multiplied by the fact that he is a cruiserweight fighting at middleweight.
Find all posts by this user
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
That's true. Maybe I'm still a little harsh on the big fella. He's definitely improved throughout his career.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2013, 01:49 PM
it isn't really respect for him. Jr is a legit 6' and probably weighs close to 190, Mayweather is probably 5'6" or 5'7" and weighs around 155. even if Mayweather runs he's gonna get hit eventually and eventually it's going to be a good shot that lands.
03-01-2013, 12:04 AM
The more I read, the more I think, if Hopkins gets by Cloud, he fights Cleverly, then Ward for the swan song...

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/195329.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)