Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Good news about Thatcher eh?
04-19-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Good news about Thatcher eh?
She was a fuckin hard woman for hard times. People in her position have to make the tough choices. Blacks post is spot on to me & she regained the worlds respect for the UK after over a decade of beige PM's like Heath & Wilson running the show. I don't agree with public utilities being sold off but the UK was broke & broken in 79. She was hard, she was a bitch & utterly ruthless when required.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 04:38 AM
(04-19-2013 09:49 AM)Maxy Wrote:  @black, I'll get back to you this weekend on that stuff you wrote mate.

Thanks mate, interested on everyone's perspective on it!

Black
04-27-2013, 01:04 PM
She's credited for defending the Falklands when in all likelihood her cuts, leading to the ship staioned there being removed prior to the war, were the reason the Islands were invaded in the first place.

She helped Pol Pot supporting the Khmer Rouge

She was mates with Pinochet.

She refused to impose sanctions on the Apartheid government of South Africa.

She ruthlessly decimated entire areas leaving a behind sod all but poverty and dispair. Her descruction of the mining industry was borne out of pure evil. She used a sledgehammer to crush the Unions and the miners, closing 150 mines and resulting in us now having to import energy at extortionate prices.

Selling off council houses without building new ones has left a social housing crisis which continues to this day. Spending on social housing dropped by 67% during her premiership.

We'd been struggling to pay off the huge war debts when she came to power but despite this there were raises in 'real' wages. During and since her this has stagnated.

She sold so much of British industry claiming it wasn't productive but those same companies now thrive in their new locations abroad.

She started the deregulation of banks and fostered the gambling for bonus culture in the city. That worked out well didn't it?

She fucked the motoring industry. Take Dagenham. Ford. The place is just an empty field nowadays.

She signed the single European Act and took the UK into the ERM.

Poll Tax. Her own government realised she was a psycho and forced her out.

Free milk? Deary me.

She introduced the gradual privatisation of the NHS.

She increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%.

She had the lowest approval rating of any post-war Prime Minister.

She presided over interest rates increasing to 15%.

Crime rates doubled under Thatcher.

Poverty doubled while she opposed a minimum wage.

She privatised public services, claiming at the time it would increase public ownership. Most are now owned either by foreign governments (EDF) or major investment houses. The profits don’t now accrue to the taxpayer, but to foreign or institutional shareholders.

She cut 75% of funding to museums, galleries and other sources of education.

In the Thatcher years the top 10% of earners received almost 50% of the tax remissions.

I don't like her. At all.
04-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Good post Maxy.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)