Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Martinez vs Murray
04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Martinez vs Murray
Murray is solid but he's nothing special! He should have applied more pressure and let his hands go more! I'll take GGG and Quillin over both of these cats. With Sergio likely on the shelf for another 12 months! He should just call it a day. His P4P days are no more!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Martinez just irritates me. I don't know if it's that gay little shoulder shrug thing he does with his hands at his knees several times per round or the fact that the ONLY thing he throws are countless 1-2's but I just don't enjoy watching him anymore.

Murray was a pretty big middle. He just looked a lot bigger and stronger naturally than Martinez. Murray didn't do anything great but had solid fundamentals. Reminded me a little bit of Kessler. Martinez couldn't land shit of note through Murray's guard. You'd think Martinez would try to hook around the guard some or throw some uppercuts to split it but no... 1-2 (blocked), 1-2 (blocked), 1-2 (partial land) etc etc.

I agree that Martinez is pretty much at the end of the road here with his career. His legs aren't half of what they were 4-5 years ago and it's just a matter of time for him. He was lucky to escape with the W tonight.
04-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Martinez is the SAME fucking guy! I dont know what you guys were thinking.
04-28-2013, 10:05 PM
(04-28-2013 12:20 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Martinez just irritates me. I don't know if it's that gay little shoulder shrug thing he does with his hands at his knees several times per round or the fact that the ONLY thing he throws are countless 1-2's but I just don't enjoy watching him anymore.

Murray was a pretty big middle. He just looked a lot bigger and stronger naturally than Martinez. Murray didn't do anything great but had solid fundamentals. Reminded me a little bit of Kessler. Martinez couldn't land shit of note through Murray's guard. You'd think Martinez would try to hook around the guard some or throw some uppercuts to split it but no... 1-2 (blocked), 1-2 (blocked), 1-2 (partial land) etc etc.

I agree that Martinez is pretty much at the end of the road here with his career. His legs aren't half of what they were 4-5 years ago and it's just a matter of time for him. He was lucky to escape with the W tonight.

whenever people don't trade with him he just tries to get them to open up so he can land shots. he's pretty limited with setting up shots or getting around defense. i think he's just weak against big mws that don't give him anything, he can't use any of his advantages and he isn't a good enough boxer to create opportunities.

it's a boring fucking fight though. i recorded it and when i got home i fast forwarded through most of it. it's about like watching Pac/Clottey.
04-28-2013, 11:26 PM
lol! Even Pac's punches were varied and landing through Clottey's defense. Body shots, ear shots, etc. Martinez on a much lower level.
04-29-2013, 03:33 AM
Damn by boy Sergio looked shot but not suprised with his style and age it's only a matter of time.

Chavez Jr must be juiced as f*Ck. He's gonna beat the sh*t out of Maravilla in the rematch.
04-29-2013, 05:21 AM
(04-28-2013 05:28 PM)Method Wrote:  Martinez is the SAME fucking guy! I dont know what you guys were thinking.

He didn't look the same against Murray over the weekend. His legs looked gone, and JD pretty much summed it up perfectly. His style doesn't age well.
04-29-2013, 05:55 AM
(04-29-2013 05:21 AM)Fitz Wrote:  
(04-28-2013 05:28 PM)Method Wrote:  Martinez is the SAME fucking guy! I dont know what you guys were thinking.

He didn't look the same against Murray over the weekend. His legs looked gone, and JD pretty much summed it up perfectly. His style doesn't age well.

I would also agree. I know it is a funny analogy but Martinez kinda reminds me of the golfer Jim Furyk.

Furyk has an ugly ass golf swing that is the polar opposite of what you would see in coaching manual but he gets the job done.

Martinez is the same way he does so many things wrong it aint funny, but his athleticism has allowed him to get away with it.

I think even Martinez appreciators on these boards have admitted that at some point in the near future Sergio gets beat. I think that time is pretty much now, in fact I think he lost in the weekend.

That slip shit was totally bogus.

I know this sounds crazy, but all depending on how he prepares I would just about take Julio in the rematch.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-29-2013, 06:56 AM
I would take Julio in a rematch now. He would stop him. I think just about all the top middleweights beat him now and Canelo if he moved up.
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 09:18 AM by and the NEW.)
(04-28-2013 08:49 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Murray is solid but he's nothing special! He should have applied more pressure and let his hands go more! I'll take GGG and Quillin over both of these cats. With Sergio likely on the shelf for another 12 months! He should just call it a day. His P4P days are no more!

Quillin over Murray and Martinez?

What are people watching. Quillin went neck and neck with N'Dam other than the KDs, a relative nobody.

Then he got hit plenty by Guerrero (a bum) by the same loopy left hand, that he threw over and over and over again. Any decent middle would have barely been touched by Guerrero and would have put him out way earlier.

Quillin has potential in a few years (but by then will probably be too old himself), but right now, Murray, Pirog, Geale, Martinez or GGG beat him up. I would even take Macklin or Sturm over Quillin at this point.

I like Quillin, but the guy just isn't the package. GGG would be absolutely brutal for him.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)