Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Darchinyan scores KO, in line for Rigondauex?
05-14-2013, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 12:53 PM by blackbelt2003.)
RE: Darchinyan scores KO, in line for Rigondauex?
Wow, I just didn't know there was such a love-fest for Vic in Oz!

He's an exciting fighter, but hardly a great one. He hasn't really accomplished any more than Judah has at all, although he is more likeable.

His flyweight run is about the same as Judah's (good little run against mostly unheard of guys before being brutally KO'd, although Vic beating undefeated Pacheco was good), his superfly reign was about the same as Zab's welter reign (short and sweet), and since then they both managed to lose all of their big fights with the odd win in between.

If Zab's only good win was Cory Spinks, then I struggle to see how Vic is any better. Beating the mighty Kirilov or whatever his name was, who they called 'The Smallest Power Station in the World' despite him having about 8 stoppages on his record? Cristian Mijares was a good win and a terrific performance, but it was hardly better than beating Spinks. Arce was past it, and the only good win since then was against Yohnny Perez, whilst he's gone on to lose to Mares, Agbeko, Moreno and the Japanese guy.

I like Darchinyan, and I agree that style-wise he's nothing like Judah, but their careers have a little similarity to them, you've got to agree!!!

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Fitz has serious manlove for Vic. Serious.
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
This is a horrible fight for Vic. Rigo will brutally KO him. I don't think Vic will reach the later rounds.
05-15-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 06:14 AM by Fitz.)
(05-14-2013 12:41 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wow, I just didn't know there was such a love-fest for Vic in Oz!

He's an exciting fighter, but hardly a great one. He hasn't really accomplished any more than Judah has at all, although he is more likeable.

His flyweight run is about the same as Judah's (good little run against mostly unheard of guys before being brutally KO'd, although Vic beating undefeated Pacheco was good), his superfly reign was about the same as Zab's welter reign (short and sweet), and since then they both managed to lose all of their big fights with the odd win in between.

If Zab's only good win was Cory Spinks, then I struggle to see how Vic is any better. Beating the mighty Kirilov or whatever his name was, who they called 'The Smallest Power Station in the World' despite him having about 8 stoppages on his record? Cristian Mijares was a good win and a terrific performance, but it was hardly better than beating Spinks. Arce was past it, and the only good win since then was against Yohnny Perez, whilst he's gone on to lose to Mares, Agbeko, Moreno and the Japanese guy.

I like Darchinyan, and I agree that style-wise he's nothing like Judah, but their careers have a little similarity to them, you've got to agree!!!

Black

Spyder, you really need to add a 'dislike' button. This post is horrible and a great insult to Vic.

Darchinyan is a greater fighter than Zab, he is a 3 division champion he was a flyweight champion that defended his IBF title 7 times.
He moved up and won the IBF title again by beating Kirilov, and despite you being critical of that 'title' win, don't forget that prior to that, he had to go to the Philipines for an IBF eliminator against Z Gorres, he got robbed over there but came away with a SD draw and then went on to win the IBF title against Kirilov.

He went on and became the undisputed champion in his second division by beating Mijares. You can try push that performance aside now, but lets remember that Darchinyan was an UNDERDOG in that fight and he completely destroyed Mijares.
He then went on and destroyed an older Arce mind you, in a way that he hasn't been abused before. This was in 2009 and lets remember that Donaire won fighter of the year and having a win over Arce in 2012.

Darchinyan is greater than Judah, no doubt.
05-15-2013, 04:41 AM
(05-15-2013 03:38 AM)Fitz Wrote:  
(05-14-2013 12:41 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wow, I just didn't know there was such a love-fest for Vic in Oz!

Black

Spyder, you really need to add a 'dislike' button. This post is horrible and a great insult to Vic.

Darchinyan is a greater fighter than Zab, he is a 3 division champion he was a flyweight champion that defended his IBF title 7 times.
He moved up and won the flyweight title again by beating Kirilov, and despite you being critical of that 'title' win, don't forget that prior to that, he had to go to the Philipines for an IBF eliminator against Z Gorres, he got robbed over there but came away with a SD Draw and then went on to win the IBF title against Kirilov.

He went on and became the undisputed champion in his second division by beating Mijares. You can try push that performance aside now, but lets remember that Darchinyan was an UNDERDOG in that fight and he completely destroyed Mijares.
He then went on and destroyed an older Arce mind you, in a way that he hasn't been abused before. This was in 2009 and lets remember that Donaire won fighter of the year and having a win over Arce in 2012.

Yeah but did he ever hit Mayweather in the balls?

This alone is a greater achievement than anything Vic has done.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-15-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 06:30 AM by blackbelt2003.)
(05-15-2013 03:38 AM)Fitz Wrote:  

Black

He moved up and won the flyweight title again by beating Kirilov, and despite you being critical of that 'title' win, don't forget that prior to that, he had to go to the Philipines for an IBF eliminator against Z Gorres, he got robbed over there but came away with a SD Draw and then went on to win the IBF title against Kirilov.

Oh, c'mon, everything you just did there for Vic, I could do for Zab.

Zab was a three time world champion (more if you include the WBO) who defended his IBF jr welter title five times.

He moved up and won the welterweight title (undisputed like Darchinyan) by beating Cory Spinks. You can push that performance aside, but let's remember that Zab was an UNDERDOG in that fight and he completely destroyed Spinks.

He also easily defeated DeMarcus Corley, who at the time had only lost once and would, of course, go on to rock Mayweather heavily. Let's not forget easily outscoring Junior Witter, who would not lose again for about ten years when he fought Tim Bradley as champion.

Factor in, too, that Zab's main defeats came against much better opposition than Darchinyan. The only p4p fighter Vic lost to was Donaire (who wasn't p4p at the time of the fight), whereas Zab lost to prime Mayweather, prime Cotto, prime Garcia and prime Tszyu.

I'm not saying Judah is better than Darchinyan, and I'm certainly not saying I prefer Judah, I just think people go a little overboard on a fighter when he's exciting. He's on about the same level as Judah, give or take. That's not a bad thing, dude. Don't sweat it. Darchinyan is winning about as many as he's losing at the moment, so don't worry so much!

Black

Another quick comparison, just to clarify a bit more. Let's compare wins.

DARCHINYAN'S BEST WINS:

TKO 9 Cristian Mijares (his best performance)
TKO 11 Jorge Arce (a good win, admittedly)
KO 5 Dimitri Kirilov (won a title, but the opponent was hardly great)
TKO 11 Irene Pacheco (another good win)
TEC 5 Yohnny Perez (OK, but Perez had just lost. I'm reaching a bit now)
TKO8 Luis Maldonaldo (looks good on paper, but Maldonaldo lost almost every fight since)

JUDAH'S BEST WINS:

TKO 9 Cory Spinks
TKO 7 Kaiser Mabuza (about as good as beating Kirilov. Won a title, but crap opponent)
W 12 DeMarcus Corley (seriously underrated win)
W 12 Junior Witter (Witter's only loss for the next decade)
W TKO 3 Cosme Rivera
W 12 Lucas Matthyse
W TKO 5 Terron Millett (formerly undefeated champion. Yes, I'm reaching here)

It's actually quite hard after the first five fights for each man to come up with real credible wins. That suggests to me they are roughly on the same level. The quality of those wins above are fairly equal.

Sorry, Fitz.

Black
05-16-2013, 05:38 AM
I can't qoute posts for some reason, but black, I can't agree with the idea Vic is on par with Judah.

Don't let Vic's crude style & Judah's opposition kid you.

Judah beating Spinks in their rematch is a very good win, but after that, his wins just don't compare. That was not the best or biggest fight Judah had either. Judah's resume is up there with the best, yet had he won all of his big fights he could've gone down as one of the greats!

Don't see how Vic Darchiniyan lost all his big fights when his got wins over Mijares, Arce & Perez.

His only losses came against Donaire & when he was above his best fighting weight, in very good divisions against the best! Against Joseph Agbeko, Vic fought a stupid fight & against Abner Mares was a very close, controversial SD fight.

Judah on the other hand lost to a journeyman in Baldazar. Took a dive in a big fight against Khan!

Both lost in very different manners & also handed defeat extremely differently.

Vic Darchinyan could go down as one of the best 112 & 115 fighters of his time. Same can't & won't be said about any of the divisions Judah fought in!

Vic Darchinyan's wins against Arce, Mijares & Perez is far better than Judah's win over Spinks!
05-16-2013, 05:42 AM
And other than the Donaire loss, his other losses came against bigger men as he was fighting in a division slightly too big for him, though was still very competitive. Much like Mosley at 154.
05-16-2013, 09:06 AM
(05-16-2013 05:38 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I can't qoute posts for some reason, but black, I can't agree with the idea Vic is on par with Judah.

Don't let Vic's crude style & Judah's opposition kid you.

Judah beating Spinks in their rematch is a very good win, but after that, his wins just don't compare. That was not the best or biggest fight Judah had either. Judah's resume is up there with the best, yet had he won all of his big fights he could've gone down as one of the greats!

Don't see how Vic Darchiniyan lost all his big fights when his got wins over Mijares, Arce & Perez.

His only losses came against Donaire & when he was above his best fighting weight, in very good divisions against the best! Against Joseph Agbeko, Vic fought a stupid fight & against Abner Mares was a very close, controversial SD fight.

Judah on the other hand lost to a journeyman in Baldazar. Took a dive in a big fight against Khan!

Both lost in very different manners & also handed defeat extremely differently.

Vic Darchinyan could go down as one of the best 112 & 115 fighters of his time. Same can't & won't be said about any of the divisions Judah fought in!

Vic Darchinyan's wins against Arce, Mijares & Perez is far better than Judah's win over Spinks!

You can't say Vic's losses were against the best and conveniently forget that Judah lost to Mayweather, Tszyu, Cotto, Khan and Garcia...all p4p opponents. Of Vic's five losses, two were to average champions in Agbeko (who you strangely give him a pass for because he fought a 'stupid fight'...I guess you'll give Judah a pass for fighting a 'stupid fight' against, Khan, too?) and that Japanese kid who's only had about 15 fights.

I do agree that Judah has laid the odd egg (Khan and Clottey) whereas Darchinyan goes down fighting (also remember Judah going down fighting vs Mayweather, Cotto and Garcia), but that doesn't really affect their respective accomplishments which are about the same. They both have one big win (at a stretch you could say two big wins for Darchinyan if you include Arce, or even really pushing it with Pacheco), and a series of merely 'decent' wins.

Now in Oz you might think Darchinyan is one of the best 112 and 115lb fighters ever, but I don't think the rest of the world (except maybe Armenia) sees it like that. He is an exciting fighter, and one who made the best of limited attributes (the exact opposite of Zab, I'll give you), but on terms of who was best, him and Zab are roughly equal. Taking the fighting style out of it, their actual careers are strikingly similar.

Both had a couple of decent (if brief) reigns, spotted with the odd good win, but with quite a few too many losses dotted around there, too.

Black
05-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Im not conveniently forgetting Judah losing to the best, as I mentioned how Judah's resume has been one of the best & had he won his big fights he would have been one of the greats.

My point was Vic hasn't lost all his big fights like Judah, like you said when Vic had won big fights against Mijares & Arce. Not to mention Vic has 3 very good wins apposed to Judah's 1.

Other than Donaire, Darchinyan only lost once he had already peaked as a fighter, losing to bigger men, past his best fighting weight.

Darchinyan has always fought like a champion and comeback from big loses. Other than being southpaw, powerful & former undisputed champs. I don't think they're careers have been similar at all, nor would put Judah above Darchinyan.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)