Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Darchinyan scores KO, in line for Rigondauex?
05-16-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: Darchinyan scores KO, in line for Rigondauex?
(05-16-2013 09:52 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Im not conveniently forgetting Judah losing to the best, as I mentioned how Judah's resume has been one of the best & had he won his big fights he would have been one of the greats.

My point was Vic hasn't lost all his big fights like Judah, like you said when Vic had won big fights against Mijares & Arce. Not to mention Vic has 3 very good wins apposed to Judah's 1.

Other than Donaire, Darchinyan only lost once he had already peaked as a fighter, losing to bigger men, past his best fighting weight.

Darchinyan has always fought like a champion and comeback from big loses. Other than being southpaw, powerful & former undisputed champs. I don't think they're careers have been similar at all, nor would put Judah above Darchinyan.

How has Darchinyan had three very good wins and Judah only one? See the fights I listed in a previous post, as you can clearly see they both have one real, p4p type win and about two or three 'good' wins each...their best wins are veeeeeery similar. And anyways, that's the best you can do in separating them? One has had three very good wins and the other only one? That sort of makes my point in itself!

And saying Darchinyan only lost after his prime and to bigger men could be said about Judah, too. Following the Tszyu loss, he only really lost to big, strong welterweights (Zab was only ever a jr welter, even when he was welterweight champion) and after he'd peaked. In fact, if that's true, they both had a marvellously short peak, managing to fit in about six or seven IBF title defences before being blasted out by Tszyu/Donaire respectively, which sort of disqualifies both of them from being 'great'.

They also both recovered from that first loss, had their best wins and a couple other good ones (Vic beat Kirilov, Mijares and Arce, Judah beat Corley and Spinks), becoming unified champions a weight above before losing fights they were widely expected to win (Agbeko and Baldomir). Since then, they have mostly lost their world championship fights, posting the odd win in between (with Judah managing to bag another world title down at jr welter), but without winning any of the big ones despite getting numerous world title shots they perhaps didn't deserve. They both fought bravely in their losing shots (Mares and Moreno for Vic; Mayweather, Cotto, Garcia for Judah), but also laid a few eggs (that Japanese kid for Vic; Clottey and Khan for Judah).
That all sounds pretty similar to me.

And I've repeatedly said their FIGHTING STYLES are not similar, their CAREERS are. If you want to talk fighting styles, Darchinyan is a likeable guy who has done wonders with his career, win or lose, by fighting his guts out, whereas Judah has squandered his considerable talent by fighting inconsistently. But that's not what we were arguing.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Black, you make having 3 very good wins apposed to one single very good win as the same thing!

Vic never laid an egg like Zab, unless by laying an egg you mean lose. Judah quit against Khan. When the goin got tough, Judah would fold & quit! Vic has never displayed such weakness in defeat like that..quite the opposite!

Never lost to a bloody journeyman! Never got a title shot because of losing to a journeyman!

Judah was very good at 140-147 where ALL his loses happened! Vic was past his best at 118-122 where ALL his other losses happened other than Donaire!

Vic lost those fights because he wasn't big enough, Judah lost because he wasn't good enough!!
05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Breaking down 'key' wins like black did, I'm sure you could almost argue that Tszyu and Judah are on par as well.

Tszyu's one big win was Judah and Judah has one over Spinks. Or even if you were to take Hopkins middleweight reign and breakdown wins, you could argue that Hopkins and Judah both have similar resumes by having one big win.
That's if you're just looking for comparable 'names'.
05-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Judah fought against some of the best within the era and fought very good competition. Out of all of the very good fighters he fought, Spinks is, really the only name you can bring up that he beat! Any other win after that may be solid to good at best!

Vic was the first to ever stop Mijares & totally outgunned a very good boxer in a big fight. Although Arce may have been past his best, he wasnt finished, & Vic outboxed & beat him up good!

Judah spent his career being a disappointment & a big underachiever, where as the exact opposite can be said about Vic who handled business like a World Champion.

This isn't to bash Judah, I just can't see their careers as being similar, nor would I put Vic on par with Judah or the other way around in this case when I think Vic has had a more successful career.
05-17-2013, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 03:40 AM by kidbazooka1.)
Vic is garbage Rigo will lay his ass out cold. It would be the nonito fight all over for him again.
05-17-2013, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 08:49 AM by ViperSniper.)
I could also see this potential fight having a similar ending to the Donaire-Darchinyan fight aswell. This could end up being a disastrous fight for Vic, because he is wide open, always coming forward, against a bigger skilled fighter who is an accurate, quick, counter puncher who can end fights with one shot!!

By saying that, I doubt Rigonduex has ever fought against an awkward fighting style like Vic's. Darchinyan isn't going to do what Donaire did which costed him the fight & that's to bring the fight to Rigondauex!

Vic may be gettin there in age as isn't as effecting at 122 than Donaire was, but you know Vic always comes to fight & fights hard everytime. He may have lost his power but with the leverage and fire he shoots his shots from, if they land, they are still gonna have sting to them.

Rigondauex can be hurt & Vic isn't one to just watch his opponent recover! If Vic happens to land something hard enough to have Rigondauex in trouble, he is in the fight!

Not saying this is what will happen. Rigondauex is pure talent and has more than enough skills to catch a wide open, fading Darchinyan!
05-19-2013, 07:14 AM
You know what? After watching a few more Darchinyan fights and studying his record a little more, I will concede that his 118 reign was better than I thought. I will happily give that to you, he is a better fighter than I thought he was and his 118 reign, which I figured had been two or three fights like Zab's welter reign, was actually longer.

Although I will still say he hasn't mixed in anywhere near the company Zab has, which is why Zab has more losses on his record.

But yeah, I'm willing to move the lines a little. Big Grin

Black
05-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Your a classy man, black!!

No doubt Judah has fought much better competition. The guy fought everyone around & has a top notch resume!
05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
This Darchinyan wouldn't stand a chance against Rigo. Caught his fight last night and while it was exciting no doubt, Vic didn't look good at all.
He was getting caught a lot more and his legs look gone and slow. He looked very old on his feet. It was a good fight though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)