Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Prime Judah, Hatton & Bradley! Who wins?
06-13-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Prime Judah, Hatton & Bradley! Who wins?
(06-13-2013 01:01 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  I actually don't think Judah has had any "melt downs" - not by my definition anyway. Melt downs to me are dudes like Ortiz quitting, Tyson/Golota moments etc. I just thought it was funny above when someone suggested that melt downs had to be considered as well when picking a Judah matchup.

The problem with Judah is that his focus is simply inconsistent. Both from fight to fight and even from round to round at times depending on the fight. While this isn't uncommon in boxing, at the top-top level for the most part it is uncommon because those guys in order to achieve that status generally speaking are always focused. Of course there are exceptions. Anyway Judah's focus and inconsistency is what I think always keeps him on the fence between the top level of the sport and the next level below that.

I definitely agree we have seen this with Judah...even when he was an undefeated 140lb champ I remember he used to 'drift' off in fights.

But bearing in mind how he's hung tough in there with the likes of Mayweather, Cotto and Garcia, and looking at all of his seven losses and his best wins and how he lost them, I don't think he's as inconsistent as some may make out. It's becoming a bit of a cliche with Zab, lol.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Absolutely. I guess the question that is open to debate is whether or not Judah in those losses gave 100%. In almost all of his losses he had periods in the fight where he was winning rounds and it looked as if he could win the fight. Was it simply that his opponent(s) were able to adjust better than him, that they were the better fighter and ultimately it showed or did Judah possibly lose focus or was inconsistent thus allowing his opponent(s) to win more rounds?

You could argue it either way, really.
06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
i think Judah is kind of like Suh from the Lions. mentally he just can't stay composed, his emotions get the best of him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Don King vs Dana White (prime vs prime) and the NEW 2 1,354 12-18-2017 06:17 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Who wins? Ricky Hatton vs Tim Bradley @140 JONdaCON 5 1,812 12-07-2017 08:48 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Prime Gamboa vs Prime Guzman @ 130 Fitz 6 4,447 06-13-2013 06:11 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)