Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs. Maidana Fight Week Events
05-02-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana Fight Week Events
(05-02-2014 12:56 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Dude, Mayweather is gonna hit the canvas on Saturday. I think he'll win, but it's going to be a dramatic fight. i hope so. For $75 f'n bux geez

Come Saturday you are gonna feel like a sucker who paid top dollar for a gram only to find it is mostly cut with baby laxative lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 01:49 AM
(04-30-2014 12:10 PM)salvador Wrote:  It reminded me of a BT interview with Lampley where he was asked if he missed working with George Foreman: "No".

Yeah....but he sure would have missed him that night when Big George was knocking motherfuckers back at the Golota/Bowe fight......
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
(05-02-2014 01:15 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 12:56 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Dude, Mayweather is gonna hit the canvas on Saturday. I think he'll win, but it's going to be a dramatic fight. i hope so. For $75 f'n bux geez

Come Saturday you are gonna feel like a sucker who paid top dollar for a gram only to find it is mostly cut with baby laxative lol

Ouch
05-02-2014, 03:59 AM
I try to think positive like yourself boxingcritic, and think...."Maidana is awkward, game and powerful, he could have some interesting moments", but I just can't help but remember how much of an easy time Alexander had with him and can't help but think that Mayweather can as well.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

How awesome would it be if Maidana did cause the upset. Beating the 2 most hated fighters in boxing....Mayweather and Broner. He would be a king forever.
05-02-2014, 05:52 AM
(05-02-2014 03:59 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I try to think positive like yourself boxingcritic, and think...."Maidana is awkward, game and powerful, he could have some interesting moments", but I just can't help but remember how much of an easy time Alexander had with him and can't help but think that Mayweather can as well.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

How awesome would it be if Maidana did cause the upset. Beating the 2 most hated fighters in boxing....Mayweather and Broner. He would be a king forever.

Maidana would become a revered demigod on this forum.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Haha, I'm trying to find ways to hype myself up for this, but I agree with you guys, it's damn hard to.

You know it's interesting, a lot of Mayweather fans like to gloat that he's so good and that no one can touch him, and yet when critics ask that if he's so much better than everyone at 140 to 154 then why he doesn't move up to 160 and fight Martinez, the fanboys respond by saying that it's not fair to ask that of Mayweather because he's too small. Well Miguel Cotto is going to fight Martinez, does Cotto have more balls and talent than Mayweather?
05-02-2014, 08:38 AM
(05-02-2014 08:32 AM)Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:  Haha, I'm trying to find ways to hype myself up for this, but I agree with you guys, it's damn hard to.

You know it's interesting, a lot of Mayweather fans like to gloat that he's so good and that no one can touch him, and yet when critics ask that if he's so much better than everyone at 140 to 154 then why he doesn't move up to 160 and fight Martinez, the fanboys respond by saying that it's not fair to ask that of Mayweather because he's too small. Well Miguel Cotto is going to fight Martinez, does Cotto have more balls and talent than Mayweather?

More balls? I think we all know the answer to that question.

05-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Its hard to hype up for a Floyd fight. My theory on why is simple, even Floyd cant get hyped up for it. Becasue there is no clamour for a guy fighting his way up to get the shot, there is no number one contender, there is no earning it. Each fight is now a pure hand-pick. A "sweepstake" as the media like to call it. You know that Floyd hasnt been cornered into fighting this guy. You know that this guy has been painstakingly risk-assessed. You know its an exhibition.
05-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Bump, weigh-in stream has started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUuekmGB...ture=share
05-02-2014, 11:15 PM
(05-02-2014 09:48 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Its hard to hype up for a Floyd fight.

It's really hard when they have to resort to abortion, buying an NBA team, and glove issues stories. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,807 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,553 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 KingEugene 183 125,532 07-31-2014 12:19 PM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)