Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs. Maidana Fight Week Events
05-03-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana Fight Week Events
"This motherfucker ain't got (high pitch voice) no padding!" It's funny how the best p4p fighter in the world has to resort to this level of mind games to give himself the edge that he probably doesn't even need.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 09:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgG-DPb9yXw
05-03-2014, 11:28 AM
So apparently Mayweather didn't approve of the 2 pairs of custom colored Everlast gloves that Maidana brought, and the commission agreed with him. The commission did approve of a third pair but even then Mayweather's team doesn't approve of that one. Fight is still going to happen as per Schaeffer.
05-03-2014, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 11:52 AM by boxingcritic.)
Once the commission approves a pair i don't think Mayweather camp can say dick about it. They know Maidana don't give a shit about all this big show shit and i think it has them trippin a bit.

(05-03-2014 02:45 AM)Spyder Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 06:00 PM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Alright guys, started a radio show at sherdog.
It's my first time out so please forgive my amateur'ness
http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Radio-The-S...lence-3729
Great job Gary. Directing the convo isn't easy...for your first time, you did great.

I really appreciate that. It was hard. All those Sherdog guys have a lot more experience then me in Radio etc...but they talked me into it. LOL i CAN'T WAIT to start bringing you nut jobs on the show!
05-03-2014, 03:56 PM
(05-03-2014 07:56 AM)salvador Wrote:  Floyd is guaranteed $32MM+

Maidana is getting paid $1.5MM

I don't think I can remember a disparity like that. I'm really glad I'm not going to be able to see this/pay for this tonight.

(05-03-2014 11:41 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Once the commission approves a pair i don't think Mayweather camp can say dick about it. They know Maidana don't give a shit about all this big show shit and i think it has them trippin a bit.

(05-03-2014 02:45 AM)Spyder Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 06:00 PM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Alright guys, started a radio show at sherdog.
It's my first time out so please forgive my amateur'ness
http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Radio-The-S...lence-3729
Great job Gary. Directing the convo isn't easy...for your first time, you did great.

I really appreciate that. It was hard. All those Sherdog guys have a lot more experience then me in Radio etc...but they talked me into it. LOL i CAN'T WAIT to start bringing you nut jobs on the show!
On top of the $32 million, the fact that Floyd is the promoter and has already shelled out a ton of cash for the event...it is in his interest that the fight go on. Maidana needs to just sit there, unwavering, and let Floyd get all frazzled. He is going to fight. The negotiation is done. This shit is going to happen.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Looking at the photos, Maidana's gloves do look super used and/or tampered with, but when I saw the third red pair in the video that came out of the bag, they looked kinda wrinkly as well. Does Everlast just make em that way or something?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes they do. Reyes does as well. It's so when you're training you don't have work so long to break them in.
Sometimes when gloves are too padded or not broken in they are stiff and when you hit the heavy bag with stiff gloves you can fuck your wrist up pretty bad.
05-03-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 07:29 PM by and the NEW.)
(05-03-2014 06:08 PM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Yes they do. Reyes does as well. It's so when you're training you don't have work so long to break them in.
Sometimes when gloves are too padded or not broken in they are stiff and when you hit the heavy bag with stiff gloves you can fuck your wrist up pretty bad.

They are definitely made differently, but those gloves in the picture look like they have been broken in for years! They are completely crumpled. All the Everlast gloves I have got that were BRAND NEW, were not wrinkled and broken in like that.

I think the Mayweather camp had a completely legitimate point.

I accidently used a pair of 16oz in sparring that had been broken in too much, so that the padding on the knuckles had been moved (redistributed, which is what I think Ellerbe was trying to get at) away from a couple of the knuckles. It was not pretty, I nearly broke the other guys eye socket in about 30 seconds. It did not look like he had been sparring, it looked like he was mugged. Needless to say, those gloves have never come out of the cupboard again.
05-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I dunno if I heard correctly, but did that guy say the unwrapped pair of red gloves were the ones "everyone was handling"? If that's true, those baby blue Argentine ones look super old or at the very least, have been "handled" before.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
05-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm actually more excited for this than Canelo. Maidana at least has a punchers chance and will bring the pressure. He's also a better fighter than he was against Alexander. He's dealt with speed decently against Khan and Broner too. Of course, Mayweather is on a different level. I think Mayweather dominates most this fight, but there will be one moment where Maidana stuns Mayweather and makes it interesting. If Maidana catches him, we'll see what happens.

This is a pretty good card too. I'm a big fan of Louie Collazo and hope he can knock Khan out like he did Ortiz. Collazo has always timed fighters well and has strong boxing skills. Khan is super fast, but hopefully Collazo can time him and land some hard hooks on that soft chin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,798 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,553 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 KingEugene 183 125,523 07-31-2014 12:19 PM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)