Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
04-30-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
Regardless on your views on the man personally or weather you agree with his comments or not, Sterling's punishment here is excessive!

I can understand an indefinite suspension, fine and the matter be looked into or what not.

But a $2.5M fine (billionaire or not), forced to sell something Sterling bought & help build, getting a life ban from the place he works in because of comments he made inside of his own home!? That is FUCKED on so many levels, he didn't even commit any crimes either!! All because of a sneaky bitch with bad intentions.

I understand and also believe the NBA are obligated to take action due to the matter being public, but not like this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 04:36 PM by KingEugene.)
I think most are missing the real issue. The public is making it a racist thing but the ultimate issue is he represents the NBA. A characteristic was displayed that didn't meet the approval/standards of the NBA therefor actions were taken. As many of you mentioned the NBA had to come down hard just to insure to their sponsors and other supporters that situations like this will not be tolerated resulting in no money loss for the NBA. At the end of the day it's all about the money and the NBA is willing to do whatever needs to be done to prevent from losing money.

I'm more shocked that people were surprised by those comments coming from an 80 year old jew. Hell what do you expect?
04-30-2014, 05:36 PM
The guy is trash. Doesn't matter how much money he has, he is trash. But the dude is gonna sue. He fucking LOVES to litigate shit. And I think that he is gonna win.

For one, how in the fuck can they tell him that he can't be a part of his own team? He is the fucking owner. As long as he is not breaking any laws, then that is BS. Secondly, if he is current with all payments, then how can they make him sell? The team is his property, that he legally purchased and OWNS. The fine...I get it, since he is part of the good ole boys club he needs to play by their rules. But those rules are ones that they invented, so if you kick him out of the club...then what reason does he have to pay?

This thing is going to get really ugly before it is through. I see him fighting this thing until he gets his way or croaks.

Another option is that the NBA may be forced to kick the Clippers out of the league, or replace them with an expansion team. Since they make the rules for how the competition aspect of the game works, then they have the right to say who gets to participate. Maybe he turns the Clippers into a travelling exhibition like the Harlem Globetrotters.

In any case, I know that people just want him to go away, and sweep this whole thing under the rug...but that is the furthest thing from What is going to happen.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2014, 06:27 PM
(04-30-2014 04:35 PM)KingEugene Wrote:  I think most are missing the real issue. The public is making it a racist thing but the ultimate issue is he represents the NBA. A characteristic was displayed that didn't meet the approval/standards of the NBA therefor actions were taken. As many of you mentioned the NBA had to come down hard just to insure to their sponsors and other supporters that situations like this will not be tolerated resulting in no money loss for the NBA. At the end of the day it's all about the money and the NBA is willing to do whatever needs to be done to prevent from losing money.

I'm more shocked that people were surprised by those comments coming from an 80 year old jew. Hell what do you expect?

I agree with your point 100% Eugene, but putting aside the actual content of what was said how do you feel about something that you have said in the privacy of your own home being used and held against you in your professional life?

That's all I am wondering. Can you imagine if we were all held to that standard? That is the question I wanted discussed, not whether what he said was right or wrong, or what the NBA should or shouldn't do.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-30-2014, 07:56 PM
This whole situation is fucked up, and I agree with Ollie. The dude is obviously a piece of shit, but it isn't against the law to be a piece of shit.

I'm ashamed to be an American when PC bullshit like this happens. Everyone has the right to feel however the fuck they want to feel about whoever they want to feel it about. There is no law against that. In addition, the fact that a guy is being fined millions of dollars and forced to sell an organization that he owns outright, because of something he said IN PRIVATE to his fucking girlfriend is ludicrous beyond any rational degree.

Do we no longer have the right to express ourselves in private to loved ones, without fear that our conversations can be recorded, presented to authorities, and ultimately followed by excessive punitive action?

That's some communist-level bullshit right there. And trust me, I would know.

As I said, I'm just fucking gutted that American society and her hyper-sensitive PC bullshit ass has allowed things to get to this point. And any white-trash honkey, nigger, spic, chink, or red-skinned devil that disagrees with me can kiss my ass and eat my shit.
04-30-2014, 10:13 PM
(04-30-2014 04:35 PM)KingEugene Wrote:  I think most are missing the real issue. The public is making it a racist thing but the ultimate issue is he represents the NBA. A characteristic was displayed that didn't meet the approval/standards of the NBA therefor actions were taken. As many of you mentioned the NBA had to come down hard just to insure to their sponsors and other supporters that situations like this will not be tolerated resulting in no money loss for the NBA. At the end of the day it's all about the money and the NBA is willing to do whatever needs to be done to prevent from losing money.

He's been a scumbag for years. I don't think that anybody is surprised, but now it is in everybody's face. The NBA had to do something to distance themselves from him. I think that they succeeded in that. Whether they succeed in removing him from his property is another hurdle they need to cross. I don't think that they will.
(04-30-2014 07:56 PM)Warlord Wrote:  This whole situation is fucked up, and I agree with Ollie. The dude is obviously a piece of shit, but it isn't against the law to be a piece of shit.

I'm ashamed to be an American when PC bullshit like this happens. Everyone has the right to feel however the fuck they want to feel about whoever they want to feel it about. There is no law against that. In addition, the fact that a guy is being fined millions of dollars and forced to sell an organization that he owns outright, because of something he said IN PRIVATE to his fucking girlfriend is ludicrous beyond any rational degree.

Do we no longer have the right to express ourselves in private to loved ones, without fear that our conversations can be recorded, presented to authorities, and ultimately followed by excessive punitive action?

As I said, I'm just fucking gutted that American society and her hyper-sensitive PC bullshit ass has allowed things to get to this point. And any white-trash honkey, nigger, spic, chink, or red-skinned devil that disagrees with me can kiss my ass and eat my shit.
Everybody is very sensitive right now. I don't know the last time you spent significant time in the country, but it is one of those PC run amok type of deals now. Not that people don't have a right to be offended...because I'm offended that people forget that Italians have big wangs just like the Blacks. It's like, they choose to forget that stereotype in favor of less flattering ones like...all of us talk with our hands, and sound like Joe Pesci.

It's bullshit.

But back to Sterling...he's not under arrest. He is not going to jail. He is still rich, and can still be an ignorant fuck. The difference is that we live in the information age, and people can choose to not like his assholeness...and not buy his product because of it.

04-30-2014, 11:36 PM
(04-30-2014 10:13 PM)Spyder Wrote:  

He's been a scumbag for years. I don't think that anybody is surprised, but now it is in everybody's face. The NBA had to do something to distance themselves from him. I think that they succeeded in that. Whether they succeed in removing him from his property is another hurdle they need to cross. I don't think that they will.
(04-30-2014 07:56 PM)Warlord Wrote:  This whole situation is fucked up, and I agree with Ollie. The dude is obviously a piece of shit, but it isn't against the law to be a piece of shit.

Everybody is very sensitive right now. I don't know the last time you spent significant time in the country, but it is one of those PC run amok type of deals now. Not that people don't have a right to be offended...because I'm offended that people forget that Italians have big wangs just like the Blacks. It's like, they choose to forget that stereotype in favor of less flattering ones like...all of us talk with our hands, and sound like Joe Pesci.

It's bullshit.

But back to Sterling...he's not under arrest. He is not going to jail. He is still rich, and can still be an ignorant fuck. The difference is that we live in the information age, and people can choose to not like his assholeness...and not buy his product because of it.

I agree 100%. But being an asshole in your own home, on your own time, with friends or family, should not be grounds for million dollar fines or loss of personal assets. It's beyond my comprehension.

Sterling is clearly a dickhead cunt, and I have zero empathy for him as a person. It's the principal of the matter that I'm defending. This is the United States of America, and we have constitutional rights. The reality is, though, that no one can say or do anything here without fear of someone, somewhere, getting offended by it. Not even in our own goddamn homes! It's FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-01-2014, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 01:07 AM by BGv4.0.)
(04-30-2014 11:36 PM)Warlord Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 10:13 PM)Spyder Wrote:  

It's bullshit.

I agree 100%. But being an asshole in your own home, on your own time, with friends or family, should not be grounds for million dollar fines or loss of personal assets. It's beyond my comprehension.

Sterling is clearly a dickhead cunt, and I have zero empathy for him as a person. It's the principal of the matter that I'm defending. This is the United States of America, and we have constitutional rights. The reality is, though, that no one can say or do anything here without fear of someone, somewhere, getting offended by it. Not even in our own goddamn homes! It's FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep....I agree 100%...this is less about what the man said...and more about the principle of he SHOULD be allowed to say it...free from punishment.

This country was founded on voicing unpopular opinion....high level media led PC sheep forget that aspect.

It's like the old saying goes...I may not agree with what you say....but I'd fight for your right to be able to say it.

And that is where the system has failed....as most Americans view this as a victory....I do not...I see it as a pitiful state of the nation and I fear where it may lead us from this point forward if it continues.

And having said that does not in any way mean I agree with the mans views...I do not....that is a separate issue.

And for one of very few times Spyder...I agree that he will most likely fight it and win. The guy is Jewish with millions to burn....and on the surface this is a very winnable case.....like I said...with the law being black and white...he did not break any laws...no way he loses his rightfully owned possession in a court of law. His lawyers will make him take the obligatory "sensitivity training classes"....he might have to have an ass kissing session with Jesse or Al Sharpton....and then of course the media frenzy sit down to apologize lunch with Magic....CNN and all major networks are getting boners over this.
05-01-2014, 01:47 AM
It's not even up to his lawyers. HE is his lawyer. That is where he earned his chops. That's why he's as litigious as he is. I have no doubt that he is going to fight this.

And I agree with you guys. I don't think that what we say in our homes should be open to public forum, but that does not count for mixed company. Sterling chose his confidants poorly. He made the mistake of speaking his mind with someone that he shouldn't have trusted. It was his mistake. Because of that mistake, his shitiness was on display for the world to see. The same thing happened to Romney with that 47% comment. Was it right? No. But it affected the future of the world.

This is the times that we live in.

05-01-2014, 03:25 AM
People keep saying that Sterling 'owns' the team and that is true, but you're forgetting that the NBA is a franchise. Just like McDonald's, KFC, Burger King etc.

Just because I bought a McDonald's store and I own it, doesn't mean I can do whatever I want. If I owned a McDonald's store and something big came out where I was to tarnish the name, McDonald's can do something about. As I only own something that belongs to a franchise.
Yes, Sterling owns it and bought the team with his money but the team still falls under the NBA franchise.

I don't have an issue with him having his own thoughts, but sometimes you must pay the price if thoughts like that come out public and consequences vary depending on the position you're in. In his case, he paid the ultimate price.

I heard that 3/4 of the teams owners around the league would have to agree on getting rid of him, and he would be forced to sell.
He bought the team for $12million in the 80's and the club's estimated worth now is close to $1 billion.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)