Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
05-02-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
(05-02-2014 03:54 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I think more attention should be made on the bitch that did it to him. I think it is wrong that a private conversation was released and it is going to cost him. But what else can be done?

I think everyone agrees that the NBA had to do something to protect their integrity.

Also people are right, that everyone is entitled to a 'freedom of speech', but that doesn't always mean that you have 'freedom of consequences'.

It sucks for Sterling that he got done over by a private conversation, and it isn't fair to get done in this way, nor is it ethical. But who is to blame for all of this? The slut was very wrong, and Sterling made a poor judgement call by dropping his guard and opening himself up to a gold digging slut.
The NBA has to protect themselves and the brand, after all, they have been innocent in all of this. They are just reacting on what has been released to the public.

I think more focus should be on the ethics on the gold digging slut (though, how much moral does she actually have?) and less on the repercussions handed down to Sterling.

(04-30-2014 04:44 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 04:38 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I know it was private, but it was made public and there was no way that the NBA could not do anything about this. They are a business and if they did nothing, it would have cost them dearly and it wouldn't have sat well at all from the public.
They are a business and comments like that are not good for business.

He didn't make them public, but they were made public and something had to be done for the good of the sport. It was the correct decision the NBA made IMO.

I'm not disagreeing with the decision and really as you say the NBA had no choice. But with all the ways someone can be recorded now in private moments where does it all stop?

Ollie, I think you and everyone else can breathe a sigh of relief. Nobody is going to try and sabotage anyone's job on here and are going to record anyone's conversations to release on TMZ.

Tiger Woods and a whole lot of other high profile people suffer as well with what happens in private.

Fitz this is one of those rare times where I think you have missed the entire point of this thread. Whether it is me, Neville Nobody, or a big Kahuna like Donald Sterling the point remains the same. And the consequences are the same. I understand some companies now demand to see someone's Facebook page before hiring them. This subversive type shit is creeping in everywhere.

I am not one for conspiracy theories but this type of invasion of rights starts with these types of scenarios and seeps down. I can't believe Floyd Mayweather and I agree on something.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Is the woman liable for the recording and its effects? That's the only point.
05-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Spot on again. I wish I could hit the like button a thousand times.
05-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Kareem's op-ed piece in Time:

Quote:“Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in Time. “Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?”

“And now,” writes Abdul-Jabbar in Time, “the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend by now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out.
“She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

Abdul-Jabbar goes on to say the media “caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.”

Adbul-Jabbar says he is doing some “whooping” now, too, in celebration of Sterling’s ouster, but adds that the public should be “outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing With the Stars.”

Abdul-Jabbar says he hopes Sterling loses his franchise, “and whoever made this tape goes to prison."

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-ka...ar-racism/

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 06:57 PM
(05-02-2014 06:37 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Kareem's op-ed piece in Time:

Quote:“Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in Time. “Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?”

“And now,” writes Abdul-Jabbar in Time, “the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend by now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out.
“She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

Abdul-Jabbar goes on to say the media “caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.”

Adbul-Jabbar says he is doing some “whooping” now, too, in celebration of Sterling’s ouster, but adds that the public should be “outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing With the Stars.”

Abdul-Jabbar says he hopes Sterling loses his franchise, “and whoever made this tape goes to prison."

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-ka...ar-racism/

A totally reasoned piece from the King of the sky-hook. Looking at some recent media reports on this chick she is clearly batshit crazy and was out to get him. Why as Karim points out the story isn't more about her and the dubious way this story surfaced baffles me. But as Warlord (and others) say we live in such a PC world that when the likes of Magic and Saint Oprah weigh-in you don't dare take a position to the contrary.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Action should be taken against the woman to make the point. I think that's the only point and I think torvix kept it short and sweet.
05-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Wrong again. That would be PART of the solution, but I still can't fathom why this dude is being forced to sell his team based off of a private conversation. Indeed name and shame him for the douche he is but I can't see why he has to sell his franchise nor be banned for life from attending games for something he said in the privacy of his own home!!!! Tell me how that makes sense on any level.

05-02-2014, 11:19 PM
It doesn't. It's just ultra-hyper PC kneejerk overreaction pandering bullshit. If anyone defending what's happening to Sterling were in his shoes, they'd be weeping blood about how unfair it was.
05-07-2014, 04:38 AM
(05-02-2014 09:54 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Wrong again. That would be PART of the solution, but I still can't fathom why this dude is being forced to sell his team based off of a private conversation. Indeed name and shame him for the douche he is but I can't see why he has to sell his franchise nor be banned for life from attending games for something he said in the privacy of his own home!!!! Tell me how that makes sense on any level.

the league has a lot of black players. by a lot i mean probably 80%. it also has a bigger black fan base than other sports. for the NBA to do anything but go to the extreme it'd be pissing the players off, a lot of their viewers and all of their sponsors. any network that carries their games too. it's so bad that players were going to strike, a strike during the playoffs would have killed the NBA. what this really comes down to is the league had to do something like this to protect its image. to a league that has tv contracts and sponsors the well being of one man just aint important to the well being of the league.

but want to know what the league really did? they turned shit into chocolate ice cream. they're selling shirts about this now. check out the We Are One shirts. they made out like a bandit.
05-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Exactly gravy.

I don't think the way things came out was fair for Sterling, it was private. But the thing is, those things did come out. I can't see how the NBA could have handled it any other way by keeping their players and fan base happy.

I don't like the idea of his private conversation being recorded and I think it sucks. But it all came out and had to be handled like it was. The NBA is a business and like gravy said, majority of the players and fan base are black. It wouldn't have been a good look if they didn't take the stand that they did.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)