Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Best heavyweight fights at the moment.
08-06-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Best heavyweight fights at the moment.
True.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 12:30 PM by KingEugene.)
(08-06-2014 11:53 AM)Decagon Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 11:03 AM)KingEugene Wrote:  Given the right opponent the average Joe could go 12 rounds. If I don't have to mentally exhaust myself by staying focused or being threaten by anything the opponent has then 12 rounds is a breeze. Yea Briggs would probably be able to stand and take a beating but would he be effective after the first few rounds at this point.

Your average Joe couldn't lift his hands up for 3 minutes a round for 12 rounds. Try it next time you see a fight.

Actually I do fight and I train fighters as well so I've tried it and done it already. If you need proof check out the vids that I've posted.

But regarding Briggs last fight, since he went 12 rounds with this guy does that mean that Briggs don't have the ability to take guys out anymore that he would've demolished in two rounds in his prime or is the guy he fought "really that tough?"
08-06-2014, 12:40 PM
The guy he fought in the last 10 years or so only lost by decision 6-7 times. Had he been getting KO and not losing decisions it might indicate something, but since he usually doesn't get KO it doesn't bother me that Briggs wasn't able to get him out of there either.
08-06-2014, 01:06 PM
What kind of people was he fighting, did he get matched easy? I know Briggs has fought some weak opponents recently.
08-06-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't really know anything about the opponents of the guy Briggs just beat. I mean I looked over his record, most of his decision losses came to guys with 34-4 and 24-3 type records. I don't know who any of them are as I never even heard of the guy that Briggs fought. From looking at his record though I'd say he's certainly the most durable and best opponent Briggs has fought since his comeback, but that's not saying much. Regardless, I can't really knock a guy that didn't fight for almost 4 years for taking 4 relatively easy fights in 3 months upon returning. I'd expect Briggs at this point to step it up and fight a top 10 guy at least and then he can (and we) can evaluate where he stands after that.
08-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Are we really talking Briggs?

He is caca.
08-06-2014, 01:41 PM
His actions lately has done exactly what he wanted...get folks back talking about him. He'll get a shot at Wlad soon. I hope he wins so there can be a rematch, then get beat so there's a third fight, and then get completely starched!
08-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Briggs is incapable of fighting on the inside - Wlad is going to Joppy his face.
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Yea, he's getting some ring time in. The heavyweight division is wide open though so if he can keep winning he'll get bigger fights.
08-06-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 02:09 PM by BrutalBodyShots.)
(08-06-2014 02:01 PM)gravytrain Wrote:  Yea, he's getting some ring time in. The heavyweight division is wide open though so if he can keep winning he'll get bigger fights.

Exactly. And I can't fault a guy for fighting every month or month and a half, regardless of the opponent. That type of activity doesn't happen these days unless it's the first year or two of a career. As long as he's fighting guys with .600-.800 records I'm alright with that while he's waiting to land something more meaningful.

I'd much rather that approach than the Andre Ward approach of staying on the shelf just waiting for the perfect fight.

(08-06-2014 01:41 PM)KingEugene Wrote:  His actions lately has done exactly what he wanted...get folks back talking about him. He'll get a shot at Wlad soon. I hope he wins so there can be a rematch, then get beat so there's a third fight, and then get completely starched!

3 fights? lol

IF they fight once, they'll never fight again as Wlad will destroy Briggs. In fact, it very well may be Briggs' LAST fight if he faces him since A - he'll be getting a nice beating and B - he'll get his best payday in a long time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)