Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who did you score Trinidad-De La Hoya for?
Felix Tito Trinidad
Oscar De La Hoya
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won?
08-01-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won?
Boxing is about who wins the most rounds/ends with the most points, not who "finished" stronger or looking better.

If that were the case, Chavez Jr. beat Sergio Martinez.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Had this one 115-113 for Oscar with Oscar losing the last three rounds. He looked great in this fight and kept Tito off balance most of the night. Disappointing that Oscar had to make the fight closer than it should have been. He should have won 9/10 rounds of this fight and it shouldn't even have been a debate. One thing about Oscar though, he always fought the best and usually gave a good performance
08-02-2014, 01:20 AM
I scored it a draw... I gave DLH rounds 3 thru 8. I gave first 2rds to Tito and the last 4 to him also.. I juss thought Titos aggressiveness give him the early rounds.. he also landed the harder, more flush shots imo.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2014, 01:24 AM
(08-02-2014 01:20 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  I scored it a draw... I gave DLH rounds 3 thru 8. I gave first 2rds to Tito and the last 4 to him also.. I juss thought Titos aggressiveness give him the early rounds.. he also landed the harder, more flush shots imo.

Don't you come from the same island as Tito, Con? If so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to scratch your card as some Gail Van Hoy shit lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I do... Lol. But these were my 2fav fighters at the time... I promise I wasn't being biased... I never do that Nationality Bullshyt like Mexicans who think Abner Mares would KO both Klit bros on the same night. Lol... Honestly I gave the first 2 and last 4 to Tito but Ide lean more towards a DLH win then a Tito Win... I thought Lara beat Canelo in a very similar fight.

On a side note: I think Oscar set up that win for 'Nelo knowing he had this fight in his bacc poccet as an excuse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I used to belong to a gym in the Bronx when I was living there, and for my own personal pleasure I used to bring up this fight to a group of roided out Latinos every day, and they would go off about it for the next few hours amongst themselves whilst I carried on my workout listening close by. It was pure comedy, for me.

DLH won that fight. No of sands or buts.
08-10-2014, 11:47 AM
I thought DLH won 8-4 but can see why many had it closer but it's hard to give it to Tito!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oscar Gay La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort Warlord 109 5,792 09-24-2021 12:56 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Then & Now: Oscar De La Hoya-Sergio Martinez ViperSniper 4 566 08-23-2020 10:21 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Oscar De La Hoya considering a comeback @ 160! ViperSniper 11 759 06-27-2020 03:12 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)