Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who did you score the fight to for Leonard-Hagler?
Sugar Ray Leonard
Marvin Hagler
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fights Revisisted. Sugar Ray Leonard-Marvalous Marvin Hagler. Who won this?
08-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Fights Revisisted. Sugar Ray Leonard-Marvalous Marvin Hagler. Who won this?
This was one of the biggest fights in the sport that caused alot of debate on the outcome. To me it was a great fight that was very close and competitive.

Sugar Ray Leonard was able to fight his fight and outland the champ. I gave the fight to Leonard by a round or two who was able to frustrate Hagler.

How would an immediate rematch have looked and who'd you give the fight to?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 06:01 AM
RE: Fights Revisisted. Sugar Ray Leonard-Marvalous Marvin Hagler. Who won this?
(08-01-2014 05:52 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  This was one of the biggest fights in the sport that caused alot of debate on the outcome. To me it was a great fight that was very close and competitive.

Sugar Ray Leonard was able to fight his fight and outland the champ. I gave the fight to Leonard by a round or two who was able to frustrate Hagler.

Going against popular mythology I also gave Ray Leonard the fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-01-2014, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 06:06 AM by and the NEW.)
Funny, I just watched this fight again the other night.

I remember it being ok, but I thought it was a GREAT fight this time around.

Sugar Ray boxed and moved a lot more than I remember (I remember him moving a lot more), but Hagler also looked stronger and his punches much more murderous, he really was basically made of iron! He is the guy you would want to have next to you in an alley fight!

I also had it to Leonard by a round or two.

I think Hagler would have come out a lot more furiously in a rematch and probably done enough to get the win. I think a fight between them both in their primes would have bee much more entertaining though - around 82.

(08-01-2014 06:01 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 05:52 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  This was one of the biggest fights in the sport that caused alot of debate on the outcome. To me it was a great fight that was very close and competitive.

I thought even though it was controversial, the majority of fans still gave it to Leonard? That's how I remember hearing about it when I was younger.
08-01-2014, 06:06 AM
I have Leonard winning every time I watch it. He was the moral winner on the night, too...he just wasn't supposed to be as good after all that time in retirement.

Black
08-01-2014, 06:10 AM
(08-01-2014 06:04 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Funny, I just watched this fight again the other night.

I remember it being ok, but I thought it was a GREAT fight this time around.

Sugar Ray boxed and moved a lot more than I remember (I remember him moving a lot more), but Hagler also looked stronger and his punches much more murderous, he really was basically made of iron! He is the guy you would want to have next to you in an alley fight!

I also had it to Leonard by a round or two.

I think Hagler would have come out a lot more furiously in a rematch and probably done enough to get the win. I think a fight between them both in their primes would have bee much more entertaining though - around 82.

(08-01-2014 06:01 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  

I thought even though it was controversial, the majority of fans still gave it to Leonard? That's how I remember hearing about it when I was younger.

It did become fashionable after awhile to say that Hagler got robbed in that fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-01-2014, 06:33 AM
I thought I was in the minority as well, the general consesus by many is that Hagler won the fight and got robbed, and so far it's 4-0 for Leonard.
I think this is the type of fight that many didn't like seing the golden faced and marquee fighter boxing and flurrying at the end of rounds.
12 round fight as well, I think a lot of the old school head type of guys found it a hard pill to swallow.
Close fight though, but I thought Leonard did enough.
08-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Hagler, but I don't have as much trouble with the decision as most people who thought Hagler won.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RIP Marvin Hagler. Warlord 12 2,041 03-23-2021 03:44 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  If Leonard-Hagler was a 15 Rounder. ViperSniper 2 1,270 10-24-2017 03:23 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won? ViperSniper 16 11,186 08-10-2014 11:47 AM
Last Post: BrotherCane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)