Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who won?
Joe Calzaghe
Bernard Hopkins
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fights revisited. Joe Calzaghe-Bernard Hopkins.
08-02-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Fights revisited. Joe Calzaghe-Bernard Hopkins.
It was strange to see. But Hopkins did NOT want to be in there!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 07:37 AM by Method.)
I thought Ex beat Calzaghe. Thought it was pretty obvious, though not "pillar-to-post" obvious. I thought Joe got WAY too much credit for throwing as opposed to landing.

I think Hops Prime was '98-2001. His peak was Glenn Johnson. Man did he just lay it the fuck on him. Antwon Echols fights were good. The 2nd Robert Allen fight. Vanderpool. The Trinidad fight was B-Hop's coming out party, but I think some of those under the radar middleweight fights were more impressive.

By the way, FWIW, Im beyond ready to see Hopkins retired. I'd actually prefer not to see him in the ring again. AS a boxing fan, ans being from Philadelphia, I have MORE than got my satisfaction out of watching my man ply his trade. I got 3-boxing lifetimes watching the same dude. Way more than any fan of any fighter can expect.

...and for those in here that are saying they finally, after a 30 year career, came to respect this guy, I say, "you let one of the best that ever do it pass you by if you missed him 1997-2002", and if you missed 2002-2009 you still missed some pretty special shit. I say those that missed the mid-nineties on are haters, and if they're coming around to him now its because its damn near impossible to hate at this point.

For me, I'm just sick of hearing this cat talk, cuz its broken record shit, and Hops just talks to hear himself talk. I would have liked to see him get GGG or one of those for a final, but whatever. No upside for any upper echelon guy to fight Bernard. Id love to see him train guys. Still dont know how the hell he managed to divorce his wife and have a kid w a sidepiece without so much as a whisper in the sport, esp when guys like Mosely, Calzaghe, Roy, etc have their family affairs so publicized.

Anyway...
11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
I scored the fight for Hopkins, but it was close. I preferred the clean punches of Hopkins to Calzaghe's slapping.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bernard Hopkins losses ViperSniper 8 655 07-12-2020 11:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Bernard Hopkins-James Toney @ 160/175? ViperSniper 19 1,148 03-18-2020 02:19 PM
Last Post: Method
  Bernard Hopkins to have farewell fight against Joe Smith Fitz 61 33,906 01-01-2017 05:30 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)