Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Pound 4 Pound the top current heaviest hitter in Boxing.
08-02-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Pound 4 Pound the top current heaviest hitter in Boxing.
Even when Tyson was just looking to land a big shot he showed a lot more than Wilder.

Wilder can hit, Marv. But he should be blowing these guys out. It's hard to say whether his power is really that good or his opponents are really that bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 12:26 AM
(08-01-2014 11:24 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  See, I think Wilder is shit! He's a terrible boxer and an overrated athlete (as Warlord point out his feet). The only reason why he's gotten this far is because he can punch. I like Kovalev and GGG and think that they both a great fighters that can punch! IMO there right behind Wilder in punching power. However, at the moment, I feel that Wilder is the hardest puncher in the sport right now for reasons I have already stated. I don't think he'll beat any of the top heavyweights but the boy can flat out punch.

I assume were talking 1 punch power, correct?

Wilder is more than a fair call, heavyweight or not! 31 wins, 31 KO's! The guy clearly has heavyhands. How good he is or will be is irrelevant here.

Also it doesn't have to be 1 punch KO. Just current fighters you feel have decent power/heavy hands!..
08-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Probably Golovkin then. The dude can hit. Adonis Stevenson has good power too.
08-02-2014, 01:23 AM
John Molina too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2014, 01:29 AM
If we're throwing in heavyweights, the Klit brothers both had/have concussive power. The kind of power that, once felt, was enough to turn back most every opponent they've ever had.

I think Lewis was able to absorb a lot of Vitali's shots reasonably well. But the fact that before the bout he was talking about eating one Klit for breakfast and the other for lunch, to afterwards retiring despite pulling off the least impressive win of his career, tells you all you need to know about how Lennox felt about eating those punches.
08-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Wlad has amazing Punching power. Actually, when he decides to throw his right hand, it's scary. Vitali has power too but not like baby bro.
08-02-2014, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 07:11 AM by and the NEW.)
(08-01-2014 05:39 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 04:57 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Warlord,
I took that into consideration and I know Wilder doesn't have a great resume but he punches like a mule. The fact that he's KO'd everybody he's fought within 3 rounds is pretty impressive despite his alck of a resume. Every one of his KO's have been Highlight reel worthy and most come by way of a One Punch KO. He removes guys from this world... dudes be having seizures and shit. GGG is up there but I don't think he quite hits as hard as Wilder (in a P4P sense). However, GGG is BY FAR the better fighter and will be around a lot longer.

I'll slightly disagree with the GGG part. If you look closely you will see how a guys face and whole demeanor changes after GGG hits them with a grazing shot. I have seen it in the last few fights, guys start quite confidently and then GGG clips them with something kind of innocuous looking and their whole body language and fight plan changes almost on the spot.

Absolutely. He puts the fear of god into them. They worry for their lives. I don't think it helps that GGG is also in total control of the distance and most of the time, they can feel that he is only within a whisker of exploding into their killzone with some thunderous shots. That would take nervous energy straight out of them.

I think GGG, Kovalev and Mikey Garcia are the biggest punchers in the sport at the moment.
08-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Great call on Mikey Garcia ATN, forgot about him. He throws some sharp, hard shots!

Rigondauex's power goes under the radar a bit.
08-02-2014, 10:20 AM
(08-02-2014 08:18 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Great call on Mikey Garcia ATN, forgot about him. He throws some sharp, hard shots!

Rigondauex's power goes under the radar a bit.

Yeah, Rigondeaux is explosive. It is different type of power to the thudding shots that the other guys throw. It is the type of power that black fighters typically generate, or Arturo Gatti type. Where it is based on uncoiling your body or through sheer athletacism and speed. The other guys just have that knock you dead type of power.
08-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I read an interview of Kovalev where he mentions he sparred with GGG... He said it felt like being hit with a sledgehammer... Which I thought was insane! Lol...

I also like Thurmans power and how it carries at both '47 and '54.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pound 4 Pound rankings Fitz 172 25,458 01-01-2021 07:51 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Best current jabs in boxing. ViperSniper 9 4,643 10-19-2020 02:05 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  The definition of "pound for pound" champion Byrd Man 14 9,050 12-07-2018 03:45 AM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)