Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather Maidana 2
08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Mayweather Maidana 2
I read the fight time is being moved up so east coasters dont have to wait up late (no b.s.). Its about fucking time.

One of the best boxing nights I had was watching Hopkins/Tarver in Critic's loft and then it being early enough to go out and have a celebratory steak dinner. I never get to do that at home.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2014, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 10:53 PM by boxingcritic.)
(08-28-2014 10:32 PM)Method Wrote:  I read the fight time is being moved up so east coasters dont have to wait up late (no b.s.). Its about fucking time.

One of the best boxing nights I had was watching Hopkins/Tarver in Critic's loft and then it being early enough to go out and have a celebratory steak dinner. I never get to do that at home.

oh man when he floored Tarver that shit was off the hook. we done did lost our minds
08-29-2014, 12:19 AM
(08-28-2014 10:32 PM)Method Wrote:  I read the fight time is being moved up so east coasters dont have to wait up late (no b.s.). Its about fucking time.

YEP! It's supposed to be an 8pm start time.
08-29-2014, 06:16 AM
I remember going out and watching Jones/Tarver I with Hopkins and his team (he was down in SouthBeach training for a fight, and I was covering camp). That fool fell asleep upright during most of undercard, but snapped up for the main event, which came late.

Im really digging the movement to go earlier. Shoulda happened a long time ago. That or nix some of the undercard crap.
08-29-2014, 03:05 PM
(08-28-2014 07:31 PM)boxingcritic Wrote:  
(08-28-2014 06:08 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  There's already a thread for this fight. In fact, you started it.

look Brutal butt licker, if i want to start another thread about another thread then i....won't.

But if i want to start another thread about a thread that i already started....i won't do that either.

But that has nothing to do with this here!

It's all good man. If you want to start 100 threads with the same exact title (as you did twice with this thread) go for it. But for simplicity purposes it's nice to have all of the discussion about the same exact thing in the same spot. Just my opinion though, so it's all good if you want to knock out another Mayweather/Maidana 2 thread tomorrow or whatever... perhaps title that one "Mayweather Maidana 2, III" - just a suggestion.
08-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Ariza working with Mayweather?
08-29-2014, 06:06 PM
(08-29-2014 05:54 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Ariza working with Mayweather?

Yeah just saw this as well. It actually doesn't surprise me. Ariza has always been very complimentary about Floyd and I felt he was always looking long term to see if he could get a job there.

Tellingly Schaeffer has said some very nice things about Ariza as well.

For Floyd's part I'm sure he is happy to use whatever means he thinks he can to get inside Maidana's head a little. And of course should he and Manny ever fight, Manny being the superstitious guy that he is I think it would play on his mind a little bit.

Ariza is like a fucken cat with nine lives.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-29-2014, 06:16 PM
I guess we'll finally know the truth about Manny's alleged PED use if he becomes suspicious of Floyd now.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2014, 06:20 PM
(08-29-2014 06:16 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I guess we'll finally know the truth about Manny's alleged PED use if he becomes suspicious of Floyd now.

I'm pretty sure Floyd has his own PED program that has been working just fine.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM
(08-29-2014 06:20 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(08-29-2014 06:16 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I guess we'll finally know the truth about Manny's alleged PED use if he becomes suspicious of Floyd now.

I'm pretty sure Floyd has his own PED program that has been working just fine.
Probably. The reaction from Ariza's old fighters will be telling about their own past with him though.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,552 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 KingEugene 183 125,523 07-31-2014 12:19 PM
Last Post: damarvelous1
  USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse) Fitz 41 30,974 07-18-2014 06:49 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)