Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear?
09-29-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear?
(09-29-2014 10:11 PM)Decagon Wrote:  Actually, a lot of the better fighters are coming out of Central Asia, including Chechnya, Kazakhstan and Dagestan, with a few good fighters coming out of the Ukraine and Russia.

That's right, you set 'em straight dry balls.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Deca 1000?
10-03-2014, 06:59 AM
The man who had the edge over him in the amateurs (albeit at 201lbs) is also an upcoming pro - Oleksandr Usyk.

Unfortunately, he is a cruiserweight and who gives a fukc about them.

I think Andre Dirrell would give Beterbiev fits, but then again, that isn't a major knock on him. I also had Dirrell beating Froch.
10-03-2014, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 08:02 AM by ViperSniper.)
(09-29-2014 04:59 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  I think a guy like Andre Dirrell presents the type of style that would give Beterbiev a really good test. Dirrell is durable and can use the ring well. If Beterbiev were able to blow him out in a few rounds I'd be very impressed.

Other guys around the Cloud level without being top notch would probably be Pascal or even Bute as a barometer to see where Beterbiev stands. If he could get Bute out of there as quick as Froch did or even being the second guy to accomplish that would be big, and Pascal not only hasn't ever been stopped and has proven to be quite durable, but has only lost to top level opposition.

I'd like to see any of these fights for Beterbiev sometime in 2015 assuming he stays busy taking out a few more mediocre guys with better than 500 records every couple of months in the meantime.

They would be GREAT barometer for Beterbiev! And that is really saying something considering we are talking bout a fighter with 6 fights against not only top rated fighters but former champions here.

By saying that, just having a W period over any of the above names mentioned would be big impressive wins for Beterbiev.

To think Beterbiev wasn't even a thought in boxing just days ago!

(10-03-2014 06:59 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  The man who had the edge over him in the amateurs (albeit at 201lbs) is also an upcoming pro - Oleksandr Usyk.

Unfortunately, he is a cruiserweight and who gives a fukc about them.

I think Andre Dirrell would give Beterbiev fits, but then again, that isn't a major knock on him. I also had Dirrell beating Froch.

Maybe this guy Oleksandr Usyk could make for a good future Heavyweight fighter?

Exactly haha. The fact that these names are being mentioned for Beterbiev is something & shows how big a statement he made. This win says more about some other fighters, who get rated based on farr less and not by results, like this.
10-03-2014, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 08:28 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, Usyk is signed with the Klits promotional company if I am not mistaken. No doubt they will want him to fight at heavyweight down the track. They know that is where the $$$ are at.

Korobov is another Russian that is flying under the radar. There is a reason that Quillin vacated that WBO title as soon as he had to fight somebody respectable. Korobov is a two time amateur world champion.
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
He's another Asian Rus.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament ViperSniper 14 1,212 02-08-2019 05:40 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  How would a prime John Ruiz go in todays heavyweight division? Fitz 17 3,538 05-03-2018 03:49 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Should the heavyweight division be decided in 2? TheFonz 20 14,319 11-20-2014 11:16 PM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)