Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cotto vs Margarito 24/7
11-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Cotto vs Margarito 24/7
ViperSniper Wrote:Plaster or not, it's not like Cotto was stopped with one shot! He was stopped with an accumulation of shots because Margs work rate & also was still standing, moving forward and throwing after taking Cotto best shots.

Those very reasons will still apply going into the rematch!

BUT, there is a real difference here. Cotto was hurting bad by some Margarito uppercuts and particularly bodywork, even in the rounds early when the commentators were giving Cotto a shut-out. I didn't think it was that easy, you could tell the shots were really taking it out of Cotto, even the very early ones. If that was due to the loaded wraps (I would bet my bottom dollar his wraps were loaded in the first Cotto fight), then the effect of the workrate in the rematch will not even be comparable to that in the first fight.

I think Margarito is in for a good shot, but Cotto is favourite for a reason here IMHO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Cotto vs Margarito 24/7
AKay Wrote:I am liking Cotto at this point for a few reasons. I personally think the fight will get stopped by ringside physician being all the talk of Margarito's eye and being in NYC in a pro-rican crowd.

I am not sold on Cottos new trainer but his gameplan should definitely involve targeting that eye. I'm gonna look up the 24-7s now.

Shit the ringside physician himself might be puerto rican lol.
There you go!
12-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Cotto vs Margarito 24/7
and the NEW Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Plaster or not, it's not like Cotto was stopped with one shot! He was stopped with an accumulation of shots because Margs work rate & also was still standing, moving forward and throwing after taking Cotto best shots.

Those very reasons will still apply going into the rematch!

BUT, there is a real difference here. Cotto was hurting bad by some Margarito uppercuts and particularly bodywork, even in the rounds early when the commentators were giving Cotto a shut-out. I didn't think it was that easy, you could tell the shots were really taking it out of Cotto, even the very early ones. If that was due to the loaded wraps (I would bet my bottom dollar his wraps were loaded in the first Cotto fight), then the effect of the workrate in the rematch will not even be comparable to that in the first fight.

I think Margarito is in for a good shot, but Cotto is favourite for a reason here IMHO.

Yep, and I think CEO said the above also. Margaritos punches weren't nearly as brutal as in the first fight, despite similar pressure. Loaded gloves, I think we finally got our answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread SKULLSPLITTER 315 189,306 12-10-2011 10:00 AM
Last Post: Method
  Cotto vs Margarito II Face off clip boxingcritic 55 35,200 12-05-2011 11:24 PM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo
  COTTO VS MARGARITO Method 1 2,612 12-04-2011 06:39 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)