Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cricket World Cup
03-28-2015, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015 03:33 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Cricket World Cup
(03-24-2015 06:56 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Well we are through to the World Cup final in what is one of the most unbelievable games of knockout cricket that I have ever seen. That shit was immense. Tough luck to the Saffies who were very classy in defeat.

That match was absolutely ridiculous. NZ got a bit of luck with that rain, and then SA gave it away with all their errors on the wet pitch. NZ remained calm and aggressive and got the win! The way McCullum was setting the field was incredible, the guy has no shortage of guts - he probably could have been a boxer as well as a rugby player and a cricketer!

OZ dominated India the other day also, to set up a great OZ vs NZ final at the MCG!

Who you got Ollie?

I don't believe NZ have played in OZ for like 6 years now and OZ probably has an edge in both the batting order and in the bowling. That said, the NZ bowlers are in great form (particularly Boult) and so are their opening batsmen in McCullum and Guptill (let alone if Williamson actually fires)! Two great teams to play each other. I think one of the keys for OZ is to take McCullum out early, if he gives NZ a blazing start, OZ are in for a tough match! NZ definitely needs to take Smith out, who can easily clock up a century in the middle overs at a 100 strike rate.

I think OZ takes it comfortably - World Cup finals never seem to be as competitive as they should be. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the upset, NZ can beat anybody on their day, as we saw against South Africa!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2015, 05:30 PM
(03-28-2015 12:59 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  That match was absolutely ridiculous. NZ got a bit of luck with that rain, and then SA gave it away with all their errors on the wet pitch. NZ remained calm and aggressive and got the win! The way McCullum was setting the field was incredible, the guy has no shortage of guts - he probably could have been a boxer as well as a rugby player and a cricketer!

OZ dominated India the other day also, to set up a great OZ vs NZ final at the MCG!

Who you got Ollie?

I don't believe NZ have played in OZ for like 6 years now and OZ probably has an edge in both the batting order and in the bowling. That said, the NZ bowlers are in great form (particularly Boult) and so are their opening batsmen in McCullum and Guptill (let alone if Williamson actually fires)! Two great teams to play each other. I think one of the keys for OZ is to take McCullum out early, if he gives NZ a blazing start, OZ are in for a tough match! NZ definitely needs to take Smith out, who can easily clock up a century in the middle overs at a 100 strike rate.

I think OZ takes it comfortably - World Cup finals never seem to be as competitive as they should be. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the upset, NZ can beat anybody on their day, as we saw against South Africa!

I think it's one of those games where we have to be at 100% to beat them but if the Aussies are at 90% they can still win the match. If I had to bet my house on it it would be Australia but as I always say 'in a 2 horse race you only need 1 horse to fall over.' We are a decent chance in this match,but Oz will obviously start favourites.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-29-2015, 03:12 AM
NZ all out for 183. It all started with that wicket of McCullum. Their bowlers and field have it all to do now! They need some early wickets to make this competitive, while the ball is still swinging!
03-29-2015, 03:17 AM
(03-29-2015 03:12 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  NZ all out for 183. It all started with that wicket of McCullum. Their bowlers and field have it all to do now! They need some early wickets to make this competitive, while the ball is still swinging!

I think we're screwed. Fair play to the Aussie's, they brought it and we didn't. We had a 'deer in the headlights' moment today.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-29-2015, 06:17 AM
5 World Cup's for Australia now. 1 more and they have won 50 per cent of all cricket world cups! Incredible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)