Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fighters who got f'd up in victory.
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 12:14 PM by blackbelt2003.)
RE: Fighters who got f'd up in victory.
You could have a twelve rounder in which one fighter scrapes 7 close rounds, and gets his ass beat up in the other five without being knocked down. I guess that would be the perfect example of a fighter winning but being 'fucked up'.

One such example, albeit over 15 rounds, was the Pep-Saddler rematch. Pep outboxed him early and banked lots of rounds, but took a hammering over the final stretch. He was well and truly beat up but made it to the final bell and had won enough early rounds to collect the decision and get revenge over the man who'd knocked him out previously.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Another just came to mind.
Abraham-Miranda.
Abraham got fucked up good, getting his jaw busted and took alot of punishment, to still get the win.
05-11-2015, 08:42 PM
According to Warlord this is an oxymoron post that simply cannot be. You could not have been "fucked up" and yet still have won! Lol
05-11-2015, 08:45 PM
(05-11-2015 08:42 PM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  According to Warlord this is an oxymoron post that simply cannot be. You could not have been "fucked up" and yet still have won! Lol

Exactly. I'm surprised he hasn't come in this thread yet yelling that it's rubbish.
05-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Hard to ignore the obvious ones.

Riddick Bowe vs. Andrew Golota I

Riddick Bowe vs. Andrew Golota II
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Gatti/Ward - pick one.
05-11-2015, 09:38 PM
(05-11-2015 08:42 PM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  According to Warlord this is an oxymoron post that simply cannot be. You could not have been "fucked up" and yet still have won! Lol

You're right, BG. Someone please notify the good folks at Merriam Webster that "fucked up" has been redefined to mean "cut in a fight."

When they ask for a source, just tell them that BG and Brutal Buttlicker sent you.
05-12-2015, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 09:25 AM by BrutalBodyShots.)
There he is! Glad to see you made your way into this thread Warlord as it was inspired by your ridiculous statement in another thread.

Look man, your definition of "fucked up" with respect to a fighter in a boxing ring is clearly different than the majority. A half dozen people in the other thread have agreed that multiple cuts that require 60 stitches to fix constitutes being labeled "fucked up." You don't. It's all good.

This thread compiles a list of PLENTY of fights that counter your ridiculous statement that fighters can't be "fucked up" if they end up winning a fight.

Rather than revert to unproductive name calling, why not consider one of two productive solutions here. One, think about possibly amending your personal definition of "fucked up" with respect to the sport of boxing to a definition that closer matches the norm/majority. Two, if you choose to be stubborn and continue go by your minority definition, simply understand that the majority of the rest of the world as evidenced on this forum simply doesn't agree with the definition that you use. That said, what's the point in arguing about it in the first place?
05-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Warlords view is absolutely absurd. Basically saying any fighter winning the fight cannot have been "fucked up" by his opponent is nuts.

I mean....I hate to pull this card....but seeing as how Warlord is so adamant on the issue....Ill ask you this....

Gerald McClellan was ahead on the cards when it was stopped....and I think we can all agree he got "fucked up" by Benn.

Its crazy to imply that simply because a fighter was ahead on the cards at the time of a stoppage there is NO WAY his opponent could have fucked him up.

If you find a way to argue your way out of that....there is no hope for you seeing another view point on this topic.
05-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Torvix v CEO.

The pluck pinoy took a hellacious beating before delivering the surprise KO heard all around the world. Even to this day CEO is sitting in his lazy boy chair somewhere in middle America with a can of Bud, his pay-as-you-go mobile and some beer nuts watching re-runs of Dr Phil going 'how the hell did that happen?'

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)