Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Your proudest/most accurate boxing predictions.
05-16-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 08:24 PM by and the NEW.)
RE: Your proudest/most accurate boxing predictions.
Sam Soliman to beat Felix Sturm.

Salido to beat Lomachenko.

Mickey Bey to beat Vasquez.

Austin Trout to beat Cotto.

Bradley to beat Marquez on points.

Bradley to beat Pacquiao in their first fight (I was wrong, but I still got paid!).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 09:59 PM by Mean Mister Mustard.)
Hopkins-Trinidad

Wright-Trinidad

In an upset of styles I picked Cotto to outbox Mosley as opposed to fighting like he usually did.

Hopkins-Pacal. I knew that Pascal's low output would play straight into Hopkins' hands.

Pacquiao-DLH. Not the stoppage part but I knew Pacquiao would be too quick for DLH who never did all that well against southpaws and didn't have a right hand to keep Pac-Man honest.
05-17-2015, 12:59 AM
I pretty much told anyone who would listen on all 3 Tyson/Holy matches (even the first one that got cancelled) that Holyfield would eat Mike up....I always thought it was just a style mismatch for Mike.

I also always picked Foreman over Mike and so desperately wish it had taken place...seeing the trouble Mike had with lesser huge taller guys with a jab in Rudduck, and to a lesser degree Smith, McBride and Williams...I know it would have been UGLY!
05-18-2015, 03:02 PM
I remember picking Wright over Mosley the first time and getting ALL the scorecards right.

Black
05-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Thought Spinks would beat Mayorga

I remember telling Caleb Truax back in the day that Winky Wright would give Trinidad a boxing lesson. Also thought Wright would give Mosley fits and beat him.

Won a substantial amount of money (for a college student haha) that Margarito would beat Cotto in their first fight

Predicted Cotto would beat Martinez (though didn't think it would be THAT dominant)
05-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Stinks didn't beat Mayorga. I don't care what the scorecards said.
05-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Mayorga didn't touch him for 12 rounds....just followed him around the ring, and then lost points letting his frustration get to himm
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
I remember telling lots of my friends that Hopkins was going to comfortably beat Trinidad. I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was or expect a stoppage but I did get the overall prediction right. Everyone I talked to really hadn't heard much about Hopkins and I think at most had seen the Keith Holmes fight prior to Trindad, where I had been watching him for years on FNF and his ability was very rare. To me, it was a pretty easy prediction and the odds were simply backwards, but that's what you get when you get a star power type of guy coming off of a bunch of solid wins with lethal punching power facing a boxer that many think will get KO. Reminds me a little of Tyson facing Holyfield the first time.
05-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I remember seeing Floyd Mayweather as a young prospect and thinking, "This kid is going to be a massive dick head when he's older."

I was bang on the money, excuse the pun.

Black
05-20-2015, 12:19 PM
The funniest thing to me is how many people retroactively claim to have picked Hopkins over Trinidad. I was on boxing forums even then, and hardly remember ANYONE picking Hopkins.

Even in Ring magazine most fighters picked Trinidad to win because they thought Hopkins was too old (even then).

If everyone who claimed to have picked Bernard had actually picked him, he would've been the favorite and not the underdog.

Not making any accusations towards anyone here, of course. It's just one of those things. Like retroactive fans of Lennox Lewis who shit on him his entire career, only to cradle his balls after he retired. Just funny stuff.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, so please no responses about how you legitimately picked Hopkins. I know everyone here picked him to win.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your most inaccurate boxing predictions. ViperSniper 22 16,344 05-20-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: damarvelous1
  Most accurate prediction. ViperSniper 14 7,786 03-10-2012 12:12 PM
Last Post: SENTRAL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)