Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Your proudest/most accurate boxing predictions.
05-20-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Your proudest/most accurate boxing predictions.
I don't feel like that many people claim to have picked Hopkins over Trinidad. I had a few hardcore boxing fan friends that thought it was a 50/50 fight but sited Hopkins' age as being the x-factor, if he would get old over night etc. Like you said far more people picked Trinidad so the odds didn't surprise me with that regard. I think the argument most made was that Hopkins wasn't going to be able to take his power. I remember from watching the Echols fight in the 10th round (I believe) Hopkins took a clean straight right hand to the jaw from Echols that stiffened his legs for a moment but Hopkins took it well. I remember thinking that if Hopkins stood up to that shot, it would be difficult for Trinidad to take him out even if he did get one or two clean ones through which with Hopkins' D certainly wouldn't be an easy feat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Probably Cotto stopping Martinez.

05-21-2015, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 01:08 AM by Romulus9.)
(05-20-2015 12:19 PM)Warlord Wrote:  The funniest thing to me is how many people retroactively claim to have picked Hopkins over Trinidad. I was on boxing forums even then, and hardly remember ANYONE picking Hopkins.

Even in Ring magazine most fighters picked Trinidad to win because they thought Hopkins was too old (even then).

If everyone who claimed to have picked Bernard had actually picked him, he would've been the favorite and not the underdog.

Not making any accusations towards anyone here, of course. It's just one of those things. Like retroactive fans of Lennox Lewis who shit on him his entire career, only to cradle his balls after he retired. Just funny stuff.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, so please no responses about how you legitimately picked Hopkins. I know everyone here picked him to win.

I readily admit that I was pulling for Hopkins but thought Trinidad would win.

Pleasantly surprised.

(05-20-2015 12:19 PM)Warlord Wrote:  The funniest thing to me is how many people retroactively claim to have picked Hopkins over Trinidad. I was on boxing forums even then, and hardly remember ANYONE picking Hopkins.

Even in Ring magazine most fighters picked Trinidad to win because they thought Hopkins was too old (even then).

If everyone who claimed to have picked Bernard had actually picked him, he would've been the favorite and not the underdog.

Not making any accusations towards anyone here, of course. It's just one of those things. Like retroactive fans of Lennox Lewis who shit on him his entire career, only to cradle his balls after he retired. Just funny stuff.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, so please no responses about how you legitimately picked Hopkins. I know everyone here picked him to win.

I readily admit that I was pulling for Hopkins but thought Trinidad would win.

Pleasantly surprised.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2015, 02:48 AM
I thought Tito was a lock, I admit.

Black
05-21-2015, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 07:57 AM by damarvelous1.)
I remember pulling for B-Hop hardcore but I thought Trinidad was going to KO him at some point. I was in full patriotic mode when they fought. I was a senior in High School and my mindset was fuck anyone who wasn't american at the time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your most inaccurate boxing predictions. ViperSniper 22 16,344 05-20-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: damarvelous1
  Most accurate prediction. ViperSniper 14 7,784 03-10-2012 12:12 PM
Last Post: SENTRAL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)