Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Natural born fighters
05-26-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Natural born fightrers
Sergio Martinez is another who comes to Mind.

He decided to "take up boxing" for excersize and apparently got real good, real fast. Took up boxing super late but still manage to become to Undisputed, Lineal MW Champ.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Glenn Johnson, he never had superior skill against anybody bit he wasn't afraid to outwork anybody and everybody he fought, he is another one that truly loved the game and is hanging around a little too long but hey if he's still competitive who can blame him

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
05-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Gatti for me is another one and Mickey Ward. Anytime you get 2 natural born fighters together you get fireworks. In some cases they may have skills but their love of fighting is too ingrained in their DNA and they throw those skills out the window in order to bite down and just fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-26-2015, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 11:23 PM by ViperSniper.)
Erik Morales was born to fight. Just look at when Barrera cracked him in their press conference! Not to mention their fights! I could even see Morales stepping up to a giant if it ever came down to it.

James Toney was a natural born fighter who also loved to talk the talk as much as walking the walk. One of the most talented boxers ever, who just happen to love a fight.

Evander Holyfield was always out to prove a point by giving it everything and always fought back hard.

Timothy Bradley loves the sport, but also loves to fight. He is a very competitive person who always has to try have the upper hand.

Jorge Arce is just a typical mexican who loves to brawl and fight for the fans. Arce is having a party when he is bloodied up & brawling.

Vic Darchinyan has so much aggression inside of him that he no other option but to unleash it all and puts everything he has into every shot he throws. Vic loved to fight and not only knock guys out but wanted to hurt them bad.

Michael Katsidis is another who was an aggressive fighter that had knockout on his mind and wouldn't mind taking 10 to land his 1.
05-26-2015, 11:25 PM
(05-26-2015 11:21 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Erik Morales was born to fight. Just look at when Barrera cracked him in their press conference! Not to mention their fights! I could even see Morales stepping up to a giant if it ever came down to it.

James Toney was a natural born fighter who also loved to talk the talk as much as walking the walk. One of the most talented boxers ever, who just happen to love a fight.

Evander Holyfield was always out to prove a point by giving it everything and always fought back hard.

Timothy Bradley loves the sport, but also loves to fight. He is a very competitive person who always has to try have the upper hand.

Jorge Arce is just a typical mexican who loves to brawl and fight for the fans. Arce is having a party when he is bloodied up & brawling.

Vic Darchinyan has so much aggression inside of him that he no other option but to unleash it all and puts everything he has into every shot he throws. Vic loved to fight and not only knock guys out but wanted to hurt them bad.

Michael Katsidis is another who was an aggressive fighter that had knockout on his mind and wouldn't mind taking 10 to land his 1.

Motherfucker slipping Bradley in there. lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-26-2015, 11:31 PM
I had to! TB motherfucker! lol
05-26-2015, 11:40 PM
(05-26-2015 08:04 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Who are natural born fighters that come to mind that just love to fight. They don't need to be good, but aren't afraid to get hit and are just born to fight?

Two that come to mind instantly for me are James Toney and Erik Morales, they are both natural born fighters and were born to fight.

Who else?

Fitzy could you change the title of this thread so that 'fighters' is spelled correctly? It's causing all sorts of problems with my OCD lol

05-27-2015, 03:15 AM
Roberto Duran.
05-27-2015, 07:05 AM
RE: Natural born fighters
Good names mentioned, my favourite one that I forgot to mention was Vic Darchinyan, he is another natural born fighter.

There have been 3 mentioned that I disagree with:
Santa Cruz - I think he has the style of a natural born fighter, but when I think of natural born fighters. I think of guys that just want to fight and love it. They will fight anyone, anywhere and anytime.
So far with Santa Cruz, I haven't seen that. He has been reluctant to step in with Rigo, yet to step in with Quigg or Frampton. I don't think that is a trait of a natural born fighter and I couldn't see someone like Morales or Darchinyan acting like that.
Cruz fights like a natural born fighter but doesn't have the belief of one with the 'anyone, anywhere, anytime' mentality.

Roy Jones Jr - Hard to put my finger on it, and the points black made do make sense but he just doesn't fit my idea on a natural born fighter. He also doesn't fight like one.
I think he is a natural born athlete and him fighting is just his competitive nature, but I don't think he is a true natural born fighter.

Sergio Martinez - I just don't see him as a natural born fighter. I think there is a certain type and while there are many 'fighters' and are good and brave. I think there are only a certain few that appear to be natural born fighters. I can't put my finger on it, but you know one when you see one and Martinez just doesn't jump out to me.

Other good ones that were mentioned have been Holyfield and Margarito.

I also think Tyson was a natural born fighter, maybe he showed some mental fragility that some of the others mentioned didn't have. But Tyson was born to fight IMO.
05-27-2015, 07:14 AM
RE: Natural born fighters
Tommy Hearns was a natural fighter. Dude didn't have the greatest chin but he still LOVED to rumble.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)