Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather-Berto
08-05-2015, 10:00 AM
RE: Mayweather-Berto
At least twice, no doubt.

Berto with a 500 record in his last 6 fights, who has only been fighting once a year for years at this point has got to be the worst opponent a top P4P fighter has faced in recent memory. I'm trying to come up with a worse one and can't.

And, when you look at the 3 guys Berto has lost to in that span of going 3-3, it's really weak. Ortiz and Guerrero are both average at best fighters and Jr. Welters or Lightweights moving up. Soto-Karass is even more embarrassing since the guy has lost a ton of fights. Going into the Berto fight, he was 3-5 in his last 8.

This fight will look like Mayweather-Mosley II.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 05:46 PM
If I'm DLH I go all out to put on Canelo/Cotto and match him up directly opposite Floyd/Berto and just take their fucking lunch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2015, 06:09 PM
He won't need to. The Berto fight will tank in terms of profitability. I wouldn't be surprised if tickets don't go for the fight either.
08-05-2015, 07:37 PM
They'll sell out the arena. If there's nothing else they're going to get right it's the ticket prices for everything but the front rows. It'll sell out to make sure it looks good on TV.

My guess is that rafters seats for the fight will be almost reasonable.
08-05-2015, 08:08 PM
If the fight sold in a standard manner...sure. But due to the secondary market approach they will be forced to paper the place late.
08-07-2015, 01:35 AM
08-07-2015, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 03:50 AM by ViperSniper.)
How Mayweather will talk up Berto's legitimacy for the build up will be the most interesting thing about this matchup!
08-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Am I the only one who would pick Algieri over Berto?
08-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Word is the fight will play in theaters... I may go that route for this fight.. ONLY because the undercard is shaping up...

But Christ, has anyone seen the GGG-Lemy undercard?
08-07-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 10:41 AM by salvador.)
The only excuse for this fight is that Haymon wants to cash out on Berto. Maybe you could even argue that he wants to reward Berto for being an early signer to the Haymon stable.

Mostly I think the logic is that Floyd is going to fight at least 2 more times and this fight will sell no matter what and Haymon doesn't want to see any more of his stars lose yet and he doesn't want to share any more Floyd money with any other promoter.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)