Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thomas Hauser on the USADA, anti-doping and Mayweather
10-14-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: Thomas Hauser on the USADA, anti-doping and Mayweather
I don't see this as smearing...more as investigative reporting that tells the story a lot of people were hoping they never heard.

If Hauser went away after the last one, I would have agreed - but this story is freaking long, thorough and asks very specific questions that any reporter should ask. At a minimum it makes you pause and think what really happened, unless of course you just take the fanboy approach, which would happen with any fighter.

Ollie..I hadn't thought about it, but you could be right. This certainly seems like he is just waiting to hook them before unloading the more you look at it. Either way, the USADA is caught, if they don't respond, they look bad...if they do they get drawn into defending themselves which is never a position you want to be in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Hey I could well be wrong but it feels like Hauser is playing the long game on this one. If I'm the USADA I'm getting very nervous over my next rebuttal wondering what else he has next? Hauser's response and the follow-up questions he poses give just enough of a hint of some inside knowledge without overplaying his hand. Or else Hauser is simply bluffing, in which case he would make a hell of a poker player.

But then again you're also right JD, if they don't respond at all that aint a good look either. Either way Hauser has got them on the hook. I think he wants those suppressed records from the Pacquiao lawsuit that was privately settled made public, because I believe somehow he knows what's in them. That to me is the long game in all of this.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Floyd was smearing Pac. Hauser uncovers big stories. Remember when he called Haymon moving to network tv and all of the special treatment HBO gave GBP? An anti-doping agency giving a fighter passes is a big story. It'd be like if Brady got popped for PEDs before the Super Bowl but the NFL gave him an exemption.
10-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Like I said... I'm not sure his end game.

Is he shining the light on Floyd or USADA? Both?

He's going after the biggest name in the sport but that name is "retired"... So is it really USADA as the target? Is he trying to bring awareness or shut them down?

The first article brought a lot of buzz, and it was reported on every news outlet to some degree. Now they've done some bacc and forth but the national media seems oblivious its gone this far down the road.. Only a few people are really still listening.

If you cause a huge dust storm but nothing comes from it.. And you offend the big dogs like Floyd, USADA, Haymon, etc... You may end up out of work or writing stories about Gluten free bread for the local paper.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2015, 02:20 PM
It'd be a bigger story if it wasn't boxing. This is getting swept under the rug

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floyd Mayweather, Showtime, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission - Hauser Method 10 7,454 10-02-2014 12:42 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  What is Al Haymon Planning? (article by Thomas Hauser) Fitz 2 2,739 07-10-2014 10:54 AM
Last Post: Snoop

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)