Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thomas Hauser on the USADA, anti-doping and Mayweather
09-18-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: Thomas Hauser on the USADA, anti-doping and Mayweather
Imperius, why not release the CIR results? Hauser released Floyd's tests. If USADA is contracting out testing for fighters then wont they've more access to documents than a journalist?

https://joezauner.wordpress.com/2012/10/...-on-usada/

Dr. Don Catlin managed drug testing for three Olympics and he said USADA rarely uses the CIR test. Did they move to using it exclusively within a three year period?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2015, 06:11 PM
A few more things:

Why's USADA justifying things based on NSAC standards? They should be holding athletes to WADA standards.

Why was Pac's team accepting TUEs such a major issue? What items did/does Floyd need a TUE for, why does he need those substances and why can't he fight without them?

Floyd received an IV that goes well beyond the volume of fluid approved by WADA and was granted a TUE for it. Why didn't he have to get it recommended by a doctor and approved by USADA? He only had to hire someone to administer it in his house and apply for a TUE well after the fight.

On a 24/7 a USADA DCO stated that they wait for a convenient time for Floyd to test Floyd. With drug detection times and their liberal granting of TUEs wouldn't that allow adequate time for any PEDs in his system to no longer be detectable? Why don't other athletes get tested at convenient times, why's USADA more strict with them? They wont show up to athlete X's house and sit around until he feels like giving them a blood sample.
09-18-2015, 08:40 PM
And USADA's CIR tests were dialed down!!!
09-19-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm truly disappointed in some of you. The dislike for Mayweather is causing some of you to be totally irrational. You are trying very hard to discredit Mayweather, but you're actually hurting the sport of boxing even more. We might as well assume every boxer out there is doped up at this point.

This shouldn't be a "hater" versus "supporter" issue. This should be an illuminating facts versus obscuring facts issue, and black and white as to what's right and wrong. We need to be real and honest with ourselves, not just as boxing fans, but also as men. Spreading misinformation like Hauser's article is completely antithetical to shedding light on facts and to the advancement of our sport. Knock it off.
09-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Floyd Mayweather brought unfounded suspicions of doping to the mainstream.

Yes he did.
09-19-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 04:48 PM by Dickagon.)
I could really careless if he's doping. I don't care if athletes use PEDs. I'd expect most professional athletes to use PEDs for recovery and longevity.

You seem to be the only one with an agenda on here, dude. You keep trying to clear Floyd's name without any real meaningful information to help your cause. And if we don't think he's clean then we're trying to hurt the sport.

Torvix, I don't think a CIR test can be dialed down. Someone can refuse to do them. I know NSAC released Jon Jones's CIR test results but USADA hasn't released Floyd's, they just claimed fo have tested 22 samples from both Pac and Floyd. That isn't typical of USADA. If a journalist is trying to tarnish their image why not release the official documents with an accredited lab showing results from CIR tests? It makes no sense.
09-19-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm not trying to clear anyone's name. There really isn't anything to clear. I'm a refuter of bullshit. I don't like it, and I don't speak it. It doesn't matter who the boxer is, if I see something that is completely wrong and biased, I'm going to refute it. A good example is the death of Arturo Gatti. I like Gatti, but his death was clearly a suicide, and I couldn't stand how certain people were in denial.

Without any real meaningful information? You mean like Hauser's entire article? You mean like your entire stance? The hypocrisy hits me like a ton of bricks. I've provided plenty of information with plenty of explanation. It's not my problem if you can't comprehend it. I don't think I carry the burden of proof in this "ordeal" anyway since I'm not the one making accusations. Even the lab reports that Torvix posted are completely exculpatory, but I guess I'm not supposed to believe my own "lying eyes". It's crazy how some of you are trying to twist the test results in your favor when it's clear as day what they show.

The USADA released 25 pages of detailed smackdown. Hauser's article has been turned to shit, and Hauser will slink back into the shadow of irrelevance, just like he has in the past. Hauser made it clear in his article the importance of CIR testing. The USADA confirmed they performed several CIR tests on both Mayweather and Pacquiao, and they both passed all of the tests. That should squash this issue altogether.

As for releasing the official CIR test results, I personally don't care. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and their word is good enough for me. If they want to release the official documents, so be it, but I don't think it really matters. Why should they release official documents when there isn't even an official investigation? Just so they can appease a few goobers on the internet? Even if they released the documents, certain folks would probably just claim the documents were doctored and forged. I'm convinced that's how crazy and stubborn some of you are.
09-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Articles you post come from USADA, the company that'd be in a lot of shit if it got caught not enforcing testing standards. Hauser is more impartial than USADA. Hauser has written articles critical of his employer HBO and he really has nothing to gain from accusing Floyd of something. But if Floyd is getting a pass on tests and might be doping then that's a huge story within the sport of boxing.

You did put up a link about T/E ratios for males and attempted to use an Asian male's normal T/E ratio of .7:1 and apply it to Floyd. Floyd isn't Asian. You also tried to use Jones' and Cormier's tests as examples when they've CIR results to back up their innocence. You can find the document for their tests. Can you find Floyd's on google? You tried to say their T/E ratios proved Floyd's innocence as well. You're really going out of your way to say Floyd is innocent. You couldn't even reply to my questions. Why's a TUE such an issue for Floyd? It stalled negotiations in 2012. Has he been using the IV on a regular basis? It's weird that a dude needs that much fluids on a regular basis, a volume that well exceeds WADA standards. Especially when he can just call up USADA and tell them he's getting an IV and get a TUE well after competition. Athletes have to apply for a TUE before competition.

4) Policy for National-Level Athletes
USADA will process TUE applications for National-Level Athletes in accordance with the ISTUE.

A National-Level Athlete may apply to USADA for a TUE for any Prohibited Substance at any time; however, such applications must be complete and received by USADA at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of any Use prohibited in sport. USADA will make best efforts to expedite TUE requests made less than twenty-one (21) days in advance of the Athlete’s intended Use based on exceptional circumstances, but makes no guarantees regarding the processing of TUE applications under that timeframe.

5) Policy for Non-National Level Athletes
a. Non-National Athletes are required to obtain a TUE in advance for all substances and methods prohibited at all times (In- and Out-of-Competition) according to the WADA Prohibited List. Non-National Athletes are also required to apply for TUEs for all Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods in advance of competing in any International Events (including those taking place in the United States).

TUEs for Non-National Athletes will only be granted by a TUEC in strict accordance with the ISTUE and WADA Medical Information to Support the Decisions of TUECs. Any Non-National Athlete who is a member or license-holder of a NGB, who chooses to Use a substance that is prohibited at all times, without prior TUE approval, risks an anti-doping rule violation, even when not competing.

http://www.usada.org/substances/tue/policy/

Either way Floyd should be kind of fucked according to USADA. USADA should be too if they really witnessed the IV. He didn't apply for it prior to use and the DCO witnessed him violationg WADA's rules.
09-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Ariza is now claiming that USADA are the ones the requested the IV due to Mayweather's dehydrated state.
09-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Asian males? I'm pretty sure none of my articles said anything about Asian males. Have you seen Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier lately? They don't look very Asian to me. And you remember their T/E ratios, right?

Anyway, it's Saturday night. Time to roll out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floyd Mayweather, Showtime, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission - Hauser Method 10 7,507 10-02-2014 12:42 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  What is Al Haymon Planning? (article by Thomas Hauser) Fitz 2 2,754 07-10-2014 10:54 AM
Last Post: Snoop

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)